White Sox Quotes of the Day

Posted (edited)

"Third base coach sends you, you gotta go," Pham said postgame, per Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times. "I'm nailed out at home, by a mile. I'm going to the dugout, and I hear tough guy with all the hoorah s%*#. I'm never starting anything, but I'll be prepared to finish it. There's a reason why I do all kinds of fighting in the offseason, because I'm prepared to f--k somebody up."

White Sox television announcer John Schriffen swiftly defended Pham and the team after the incident.

"Nah, we ain't taking that from the Brewers," Schiffren said. "I don't care how many Ls we got this year, we ain't taking that."

Brewers manager Pat Murphy praised Pham's competitive nature postgame.

"I like Tommy Pham," Murphy said, according to MLB.com's Scott Merkin. "He's been criticized, I know, for a number of things, but he plays with intensity and competes hard. I don't know what happened."

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/2921694

Funny thing is how the opposing manager dismissed it and simultaneouslt complimented Pham.

Also, Score couldn't resist another opportunity to drag Schiffren into controversy.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1