Cubs vs Sox greatest rivalry in sports 7:05 pm gt

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

one thing I do enjoy is dejong. he's quietly having a nice year. and his arm is fun like torpedo boat's and ramirez.

I'd like him a lot better if he slapped the crap out of our left-handed reliever Banks.

4 minutes ago, Scott Merkin Fan said:

How can we as a community prevent Robert from being traded?

It only makes sense if you have a potential replacement in the minors.  CF has been a glaring hole for like eternity. Let's do it again.  Trade frenzy is a mental illness reserved for baseball.   They will follow the pattern of the other habitual losing small markets by trading anyone good for a better tomorrow that never comes.  Those actions can't overcome poor scouting and development.  Hauls are a myth along with stocked farm and farm system rankings.  There is no such thing as can't miss prospects and another team willing to give those up. *see Sale trade*  

I think this is one of the reasons why baseball sucks in popularity.  Other than that it's fine for fantasy and armchair GM wannabes. 

So what if he is a Boras client.  Maybe this offseason some player were to busy looking at possible dollars and failed to look at the SENSE when March rolled around. Players/former players call it collusion which is bullshit.  There's collusion in the real world and that's why you don't see cashiers making $50 an hour.   They overprice themselves in a market fewer people care about.

• TLR 1