Cubs vs Sox greatest rivalry in sports 7:05 pm gt

26 minutes ago, wegner said:

How many times is that a Sox loss after leading after the 7th inning? 3 in the last week if I'm remembering correctly.

10th time the year the Sox had a lead in the 7th inning or later...and lost.

During this now 12 game losing streak, four times they had a lead in the 7th inning or later and wound up losing. Twice the lost the lead in the 7th inning and twice they blew it in the 8th inning. 

In three of the last four games they lead in the 7th inning or later and lost.

Leasure now has been directly responsible for blowing or helping to blow three of those 10 games.

Wednesday this bunch of buffoons will try the franchise mark when they lose their 13th straight game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Paper Bag 1

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Exactly how can it get worse? That's 12 in a friggin row.

At least they have a shot of winning when Fedde or Crochet is pitching or Robert is in the outfield.  

• Like 1

I was fine with Pedro pulling Flexen because he struggles third time thru, but Pedro saying it’s due to having a rested bullpen is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard.  Justin Anderson isn’t someone you rely on if your pen is rested.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

At least they have a shot of winning when Fedde or Crochet is pitching or Robert is in the outfield.  

Slim chance with this bullpen

4 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:
10th time the year the Sox had a lead in the 7th inning or later...and lost.

During this now 12 game losing streak, four times they had a lead in the 7th inning or later and wound up losing. Twice the lost the lead in the 7th inning and twice they blew it in the 8th inning. 

In three of the last four games they lead in the 7th inning or later and lost.

Leasure now has been directly responsible for blowing or helping to blow three of those 10 games.

Wednesday this bunch of buffoons will try the franchise mark when they lose their 13th straight game.

It seems like every winter a lot of our diehard fans think the front office has put together a good to great bullpen and the bullpen always blows.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, wegner said:

Do they really have to play 100 more of these? Seems kinda cruel.

If it gets some guys out of here in trades and ages Grifol a bit before he gets fired, let’s do it.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, nrockway said:

I bet we still lose this game though.

we still lost the game though. why?

they just had the day off and those are the guys in the bullpen you go to? an actual chance to win and you don't use your high leverage relievers in high leverage situations? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, nrockway said:

I don't think it's that odd that Wrigley people wouldn't recognize a Hall of Famer. 

One who managed their most commonly played rival for 15 years and their intracity rival for 11?

1 hour ago, fathom said:

I hope Pedro gets fired and never gets a job in baseball again. His bullpen management tonight was truly pathetic.  

Was gonna put in Mariano Rivera but he's not on the team.

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

Was Chet Lemon our last great centerfielder? Man that guy could cover ground and get good wood on the ball. Love me some Chester Lemon. One of the great baseball 'names' as well.

Mike Cameron for one compared favorably.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Mike Cameron for one compared favorably.

My favorite.  The trade obviously worked out but it would’ve been awesome if they could’ve kept Cameron and traded others for Konerko.

1 hour ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Martin Maldonado is an absolute slob. Just saw the replay of him running to first on the DP ball he hit. I'm not sure he can even see his dick past that beer gut. Fucking embarrassing. 

Agree 150%.  He should be DFA.  He is 0-28 and hitting below the new Maldonado line of .080.  He is basically an automatic out.  Even if he gets rarely on base, he is so slow that it is almost sure that you need a homer to eventually score him from first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Will only get worse after the deadline 

And whatever happens to Crochet that's NOT a trade...and hopefully doesn't result in a season-ending injury from pushing him too hard/too far.