Cubs vs Sox greatest rivalry in sports 7:05 pm gt

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

Even though this is a throw away year, I don’t really understand what the goal is as far as getting better. I’m having a tough time understanding Getz’s strategy. Perhaps we will know more by the trade deadline, but this team is garbage and doesn’t make a ton of sense. I don’t like Grifol, but it doesn’t matter who is managing this team with how bad they are.

Can you imagine the clubhouse after that one? Arguably the worst loss of the year.

1 minute ago, oldsox said:

Ellis was composing his post-game text to his girlfriend, mom, or whatever, and Boom, the prose changed.

He was acting cocky on the basepath and got burned big time. Ended up looking foolish.

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

Can you imagine the clubhouse after that one? Arguably the worst loss of the year.

Meh. They should know the Cubs can come back after what Morel did to them last year.

Well that was priceless. I can just imagine the warm and fuzzy butterfly floating Pedro Speech going on in the clubhouse right now.

Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

The man has a gift.  Everything he touches turns to s%*#.  

He honestly is the worst manager I’ve ever seen. Horrible decisions on the field, and I’ve heard literally nothing good about how he handles the team off the field.

• Like 3

Just now, SoCalChiSox said:

His OPS in AAA was nothing special, tho. 

ISO wasn’t great, but much better BB & K rates.  And honestly, the biggest thing preventing him from being a productive major leaguer was his chase rate and it appears he had made progress there.

29 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

It only makes sense if you have a potential replacement in the minors.  CF has been a glaring hole for like eternity. Let's do it again.  Trade frenzy is a mental illness reserved for baseball.   They will follow the pattern of the other habitual losing small markets by trading anyone good for a better tomorrow that never comes.  Those actions can't overcome poor scouting and development.  Hauls are a myth along with stocked farm and farm system rankings.  There is no such thing as can't miss prospects and another team willing to give those up. *see Sale trade*  

I think this is one of the reasons why baseball sucks in popularity.  Other than that it's fine for fantasy and armchair GM wannabes. 

So what if he is a Boras client.  Maybe this offseason some player were to busy looking at possible dollars and failed to look at the SENSE when March rolled around. Players/former players call it collusion which is bullshit.  There's collusion in the real world and that's why you don't see cashiers making $50 an hour.   They overprice themselves in a market fewer people care about.

Was Chet Lemon our last great centerfielder? Man that guy could cover ground and get good wood on the ball. Love me some Chester Lemon. One of the great baseball 'names' as well.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

Was Chet Lemon our last great centerfielder? Man that guy could cover ground and get good wood on the ball. Love me some Chester Lemon. One of the great baseball 'names' as well.

Defensively Brian Anderson was a very good CF imo.....if Ozzie would have kept him out there in 2006, who knows?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I hope Pedro gets fired and never gets a job in baseball again. His bullpen management tonight was truly pathetic.  

They miss Wilson.Without him the late innings are really bad.

Went on the IL May 22. Losing streak started the same day. BP was hot before he got hurt. Yes it was lesser competition but they were 11-8 right before he got injured. They don't have the BP depth.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

He honestly is the worst manager I’ve ever seen. Horrible decisions on the field, and I’ve heard literally nothing good about how he handles the team off the field.

Yes, but at least his press conferences are useless and uninformative.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Yes, but at least his press conferences are useless and uninformative.

Never seen someone that has less of a clue about what is happening in the clubhouse

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Loved Chester Earl

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Even though this is a throw away year, I don’t really understand what the goal is as far as getting better. I’m having a tough time understanding Getz’s strategy. Perhaps we will know more by the trade deadline, but this team is garbage and doesn’t make a ton of sense. I don’t like Grifol, but it doesn’t matter who is managing this team with how bad they are.

That said, I don’t think the Cubs are very good either.

It's a copycat of the other habitual losing small market teams...this organization is littered with formal Royals. We can then emulate the Reds, Pirates, and A's. We can talk about our "stocked farm system" and put faith in those farm system rankings and only find out they are a bunch of Scott Ruffcorns.   If one player turns out to be good then the trade frenzy happens for more rinse and repeat failures.  The best way out of the Sox organization is to have Boras as your agent.

How many thought hiring Tony was another way to destroy your fanbase and yet JR will find better ways to ruin a fanbase in one of the largest cities on the planet.

If you are going to be a Sox fan expect getting fucked for JRs eternity or yours which ever ends first. 

Edited by kitekrazy
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Aaron Rowand? Brian Anderson? DeWayne Motha Fuckin Wise?

• Fire 1

so I've started the game back up and Lenyn Sosa just hit a home run to make it 5-0. I hearken back to my previous point about touching up Imanaga. It didn't have anything to do with the White Sox, it has to do with him. I bet we still lose this game though.

1 minute ago, kitekrazy said:

It's a copycat of the other habitual losing small market teams...this organization is littered with formal Royals. We can then emulate the Reds, Pirates, and A's. We can talk about our "stocked farm system" and put faith in those farm system rankings and only find out they are a bunch of Scott Ruffcorns.   If one player turns out to be good then the trade frenzy happens for more rinse and repeat failures.  The best way out of the Sox organization is to have Boras as your agent.

How many thought hiring Tony was another way to destroy your fanbase and yet JR will find better ways to ruin a fanbase in one of the largest cities on the planet.

If you are going to be a Sox fan expect getting fucked for JRs eternity or yours which ever ends first. 

Seems like the goal is to slash payroll, be bad, have poor attendance and set up for a move to Nashville. That is what makes sense to me right now.

• Like 1