Cubs vs Sox greatest rivalry in sports 7:05 pm gt

2 hours ago, fathom said:

He honestly is the worst manager I’ve ever seen. Horrible decisions on the field, and I’ve heard literally nothing good about how he handles the team off the field.

Pedro is a deer in the headlights.  Slow, bad decisions, lack of leadership and charisma.

Didn’t get promoted at KC after over 10 years.  Bad Sox hire.

• Like 2

Trying to score from third on a shallow fly ball, is not just aggressive, it's just foolish.  Veering too far off second base when everyone in the stands knows that a pick-off attempt is imminent is also foolish.  Throwing strikes to  power hitters like Wisdom or Morel in key at-bats is insane....better off walking them instead of letting them beat you.  The Sox have played well enough to win in several games where they have been out-strategized and out-managed.  Getz lacks the moxie to make the necessary personnel moves. Given that, JR needs to fire Grifol and his assistant managers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tray said:

Trying to score from third on a shallow fly ball, is not just aggressive, it's just foolish.  Veering too far off second base when everyone in the stands knows that a pick-off attempt is imminent is also foolish.  Throwing strikes to  power hitters like Wisdom or Morel in key at-bats is insane....better off walking them instead of letting them beat you.  The Sox have played well enough to win in several games where they have been out-strategized and out-managed.  Getz lacks the moxie to make the necessary personnel moves. Given that, JR needs to fire Grifol and his assistant managers.

How exactly do you know it's Getz's decision to make on firing Grifol ? Maybe Reinsdorf just told him he didn't want to pay 2 managers at the same time. If Grifol gets fired before his contract runs out I'm guessing it won't be Getz decision but it will come out that Getz fired him.

Went to bed up 5-1 ..... FIVE TO ONE! And the coughed this one up. Is Jerry even awake? Cmon man something has to give

• Paper Bag 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Mike Cameron for one compared favorably.

Jimmy Landis and Ken Berry were the best White Sox Centerfielders of all time, Landis won 5 Gold Gloves, Berry won 2. 
Before my time, the word is Mike Kreevich was also very good and was Gold Glove caliber.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

4 hours ago, tray said:

JR needs to fire himself ? 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Jimmy Landis and Ken Berry were the best White Sox Centerfielders of all time, Landis won 5 Gold Gloves, Berry won 2. 
Before my time, the word is Mike Kreevich was also very good and was Gold Glove caliber.

Nice to see old Mike get some cred.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, fathom said:

They have to move on from him after this season. The fan base mostly hates him.

I would say most of SoxTalk hates him mainly because your all a bunch of no-it-alls.  Not a one of you could announce a game any better. He's a new announcer on the worst team in baseball what would you like him to talk about?  Maybe he could start with we suck but that wouldn't really go over to well with his boss.   Really, who the F cares, If the Sox were in first place no one would be talking about the announcers.

People here tend to pick on the weakest and give him a full dose of Chicago hate for no reason other than our team sucks and we have to complain about everything.

So long SoxTalk I've had enough talk about announcers the last two years.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

He was definitely getting roped hard and he was lucky to give up only one run.  But it’s Chris Flexen and you take that start from him all day long.  Stone blaming the delay for getting him out of his groove was lame.  Dude has a 5+ ERA, Stone Pony…

You really are clueless.  Yes, the rain delay took him out of his groove.  Happens all the time in baseball if you were paying attention instead of focusing on the announcers.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

I would say most of SoxTalk hates him mainly because your all a bunch of no-it-alls.  Not a one of you could announce a game any better. He's a new announcer on the worst team in baseball what would you like him to talk about?  Maybe he could start with we suck but that wouldn't really go over to well with his boss.   Really, who the F cares, If the Sox were in first place no one would be talking about the announcers.

People here tend to pick on the weakest and give him a full dose of Chicago hate for no reason other than our team sucks and we have to complain about everything.

I wanted so much to like this guy, as I was thrilled Benetti left.  It’s just amazing to me how much he makes me cringe.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

At least we would know the game. This dude doesn't know anything about it nor was a fan coming into the job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

I wanted so much to like this guy, as I was thrilled Benetti left.  It’s just amazing to me how much he makes me cringe.  

Game at GRF early this season when Soroka was on the mound: "He's a flyball pitcher which is a good thing."

HUH?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, A-Train to 35th said:

It’s no one’s job on here to be a sports broadcaster (except maybe @Lip Man 1?).  That doesn’t mean people can’t assess Schriffen for his absolute suckitude at the job.

The Sox aren’t in first place because they have a garbage owner.  The same terrible owner who picked a “yes man” like Schriffen to be the Sox new broadcaster.

Yes, we as Sox fans can hate both the team and the new broadcaster because they both fucking suck.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

It’s no one’s job on here to be a sports broadcaster (except maybe @Lip Man 1?).  That doesn’t mean people can’t assess Schriffen for his absolute suckitude at the job.

The Sox aren’t in first place because they have a garbage owner.  The same terrible owner who picked a “yes men” like Schriffen to be the Sox new broadcaster.

Yes, we as Sox fans can hate both the team and the new broadcaster because they both fucking suck.

I hope you have a good day, being angry and disgruntled constantly is no way to get through life.  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, fathom said:

Spot on.  He's either trying hard to be something or he is really the guy that walks into a room and you immediately spend the rest of the time trying to avoid him. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

The Sox aren’t in first place because they have a garbage owner.  The same terrible owner who picked a “yes men” like Schriffen to be the Sox new broadcaster.

I can’t imagine how angry the bigger fan bases would be if the same stuff was happening to their team

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Spot on.  He's either trying hard to be something or he is really the guy that walks into a room and you immediately spend the rest of the time trying to avoid him. 

Or he sounds like a SlamBall announcer trying too hard to make something seem entertaining

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

Or he sounds like a SlamBall announcer trying too hard to make something seem entertaining

It's this.  He is an FNG who knows the history of the guys who came before him in Chicago.  The world biggest homers are the ones who owned this city.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

I hope you have a good day, being angry and disgruntled constantly is no way to get through life.  

You are the one who just bashed everyone on this site for their opinions.  By the way, it’s “you’re” and “know-it-alls”.

“I would say most of SoxTalk hates him mainly because your all a bunch of no-it-alls.“

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1
  • Love 2