Cubs vs Sox greatest rivalry in sports 7:05 pm gt

1 hour ago, A-Train to 35th said:

I would say most of SoxTalk hates him mainly because your all a bunch of no-it-alls.  Not a one of you could announce a game any better. He's a new announcer on the worst team in baseball what would you like him to talk about?  Maybe he could start with we suck but that wouldn't really go over to well with his boss.   Really, who the F cares, If the Sox were in first place no one would be talking about the announcers.

People here tend to pick on the weakest and give him a full dose of Chicago hate for no reason other than our team sucks and we have to complain about everything.

So long SoxTalk I've had enough talk about announcers the last two years.

Man, you're named after the A-train. You telling me you never complained out the job the MTA was doing?

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, A-Train to 35th said:

I would say most of SoxTalk hates him mainly because your all a bunch of no-it-alls.  Not a one of you could announce a game any better. He's a new announcer on the worst team in baseball what would you like him to talk about?  Maybe he could start with we suck but that wouldn't really go over to well with his boss.   Really, who the F cares, If the Sox were in first place no one would be talking about the announcers.

People here tend to pick on the weakest and give him a full dose of Chicago hate for no reason other than our team sucks and we have to complain about everything.

So long SoxTalk I've had enough talk about announcers the last two years.

We ain't takin' that. No we ain't taking that A-train. I don't care how many L's we got. I actually like Southside Staaaaaaaaaaaaand up, if it's used correctly. He had another where he imitated a slot machine. I thought that was pretty good too.  But there is too much amateurish stuff going on here, and it seems to me he had no idea who or what the White Sox were or are until he was contacted for an interview. 

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

We ain't takin' that. No we ain't taking that A-train. I don't care how many L's we got. I actually like Southside Staaaaaaaaaaaaand up, if it's used correctly. He had another where he imitated a slot machine. I thought that was pretty good too.  But there is too much amateurish stuff going on here, and it seems to me he had no idea who or what the White Sox were or are until he was contacted for an interview. 

Haha, what was the slot machine call?  I missed that one.

Mentioned this in the Schriffen thread, but I finally realized what bothers me the most about his game calling so far.

2 hours ago, Snopek said:

The homerish thing about Schriffen that bothers me is not his calls. I grew up watching Hawk. It’s fine, whatever.

What bothers me is that he seems to barely know or say anything about the opposing team or players. It seems that, to him, every opposing player is just “some guy on the team that’s trying to beat MY team.” No acknowledgment of other stars or anything at all in a larger context than just White Sox baseball.

This makes the broadcast extremely one-sided and boring for me. But sure, let’s hear for the 70th time how Sheets is putting in more work in RF.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Idk why anyone will pitch to Robert the rest of the year. I'd just throw him breaking stuff out of the zone and let him get himself out. If he walks, he walks. Not like the rest of the lineup is any threat.

For the record the pitch that Robert hit was a slider that didn't break hard enough.

9 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Idk why anyone will pitch to Robert the rest of the year. I'd just throw him breaking stuff out of the zone and let him get himself out. If he walks, he walks. Not like the rest of the lineup is any threat.

Mentioned this before the season started. Really no reason to throw him a strike, and he goes on streaks where he will swing at sliders 2 feet outside.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Mentioned this in the Schriffen thread, but I finally realized what bothers me the most about his game calling so far.

He conveys zero knowledge of baseball during a broadcast and doesn't even set up Stone to give the listener any insight into the game.  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

He conveys zero knowledge of baseball during a broadcast and doesn't even set up Stone to give the listener any insight into the game.  

He probably gave up trying.  He used to.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

I respect your opinion and I'm sure he was hired on the cheap, but he's just a sideshow. The game on the field is what matters, not what's said in the booth. Target JR, Pedro, and the players but do we really need to argue over what an announcer says.  Same thing happened with Benetti, and everyone who now says Hawk "told it like it is"  I'd like to go back through the years and see how many people complained about Hawk.

It's not like Harry  Carry and Jimmy Piersall didn't say or do anything stupid.  If our current announcer made a habit of pronouncing players names backwards game after game this board would show no mercy.

I've said this before, if the team was good the announcers wouldn't even be given a second thought.

JR, not the announcers should be the target for hiring an incompetent GM, Manager, scouts, Player Development coaches, training staff, and announcers and stringing us along for 43 miserable years of mostly unwatchable baseball.

Edited by A-Train to 35th
punct.

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

You are the one who just bashed everyone on this site for their opinions.  By the way, it’s “you’re” and “know-it-alls”.

“I would say most of SoxTalk hates him mainly because your all a bunch of no-it-alls.“

Nothing worse then someone pointing out typos's on a message board.  I'm sure you have had a few, but really who cares. Get a life.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Nothing worse then someone pointing out typos's on a message board.  I'm sure you have had a few, but really who cares. Get a life.

Yep, it’s almost as bad as calling an entire message board of posters “a bunch of know-it-alls.”  ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

At least we would know the game. This dude doesn't know anything about it nor was a fan coming into the job.

We could also go 5 minutes without picking a fight or lambasting viewers as haters or losers.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

One who managed their most commonly played rival for 15 years and their intracity rival for 11?

Yes. I bet you Sammy Sosa wouldn't get recognized. Ernie Banks' ghost might be mistaken for an usher.

14 hours ago, nrockway said:

we still lost the game though. why?

they just had the day off and those are the guys in the bullpen you go to? an actual chance to win and you don't use your high leverage relievers in high leverage situations? 

The Sox have high leverage relievers?

4 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

images.jpg

Normally I wouldn’t make fun of Sosa looking like a vampire now because there are people with skin conditions that do this sort of thing.  But I believe he actually admitted to bleaching his skin to make himself whiter.

17 hours ago, Quin said:

Shadow boxing furiously

I meant to come back to this sooner, but this is quite possibly the funniest post I have ever seen on this site. Bravo man, I legit laughed out loud and still laugh reading it again.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Normally I wouldn’t make fun of Sosa looking like a vampire now because there are people with skin conditions that do this sort of thing.  But I believe he actually admitted to bleaching his skin to make himself whiter.

What the f***? I had know idea…. What compels a multimillionaire to something like that???

What compels ANYONE to do ANYTHING like that????

Sox hatred runs deep when the new announcer is getting dissed.  Not surprising after reading posts lauding Wrigley field, the "elite neighborhood" surrounding it, and dire predictions that the Sox have almost no talent in the minors and will be mired in a funk for a decade. Most posters here never have anything positive to say about the Sox and this season has opened the door for them to go beast mode with criticism.

5 minutes ago, tray said:

Sox hatred runs deep when the new announcer is getting dissed.  Not surprising after reading posts lauding Wrigley field, the "elite neighborhood" surrounding it, and dire predictions that the Sox have almost no talent in the minors and will be mired in a funk for a decade. Most posters here never have anything positive to say about the Sox and this season has opened the door for them to go beast mode with criticism.

Oh that's right, there is so much positive to be excited about with this organization right now.

I got sucked into that damn game yesterday when I knew better.....I WILL NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THE GAME TONIGHT

Oh yeah, and see you guys around 7.