Cubs vs Sox greatest rivalry in sports 7:05 pm gt

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Good lord Getz has put together just a god awful roster.  Sox are totally blowing this.  Why is Justin Anderson even considered as a big leaguer.

I mean, he inherited a very bad team and somehow made it historically bad.  Even his army of fanboys should be nervous at this point and yet here they are telling us Julks is a starting caliber RF and we’ll be back to .500 in no time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

You have to fire Pedro if/when they lose this game.  He literally put in his scrub pitcher in a game they were leading, and then went to Banks knowing Wisdom was lurking.  I hate this organization so damn much. Anyone sticking up for them still is an idiot.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, cuban_sammiches said:

This team has no redeeming qualities. 

And they’re about to trade the only two players on the big league roster with an ounce of talent.  I find it truly hilarious people are dumb enough to think Jerry will spend any money to sign competent players this free agent period coming up.

Edited by fathom
  • Like 1

Stake a 5-1lead; give up a pair of 2-run HRs to tie it.  Yeah, isn’t that kind of expected?  

Doesn’t help with RISP and an 0-27 catcher swinging at ball 4.  No guarantee we’d score, but it would be a much better opportunity with bases loaded and one of our higher-producing hitters up.  There is zero reason someone already at -1.4 WAR should be playing as much as he can.

• Like 3

Just now, tjp1684 said:

Stake a 5-1lead; give up a pair of 2-run HRs to tie it.  Yeah, isn’t that kind of expected?  

Doesn’t help with RISP and an 0-27 catcher swinging at ball 4.  No guarantee we’d score, but it would be a much better opportunity with bases loaded and one of our higher-producing hitters up.  There is zero reason someone already at -1.4 WAR should be playing as much as he can.

He should have been DFA a month ago, but Getz knows Grifol has no respect in the clubhouse and has to keep guys around to police the players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

You have to fire Pedro if/when they lose this game.  He literally put in his scrub pitcher in a game they were leading, and then went to Banks knowing Wisdom was lurking.  I hate this organization so damn much. Anyone sticking up for them still is an idiot.

The problem is that Pedro is Getz’s get out of jail free card.  Once he cashes that one in, the focus turns to him.  Heading into the season I thought Pedro would get canned around the All Star break, but I could see Getz potentially dragging this out now given how bad things gotten.  But if the losing streak keeps building and starts approaching 20, it just might force the issue.

• Like 2

These bullpen guys have to look themselves in the eye and admit they aren't worth a s%*#.  Tanner Banks had no idea how to get those guys out.  Nibble, nibble, then throw it down the middle and hope.

Just now, oldsox said:

These bullpen guys have to look themselves in the eye and admit they aren't worth a s%*#.  Tanner Banks had no idea how to get those guys out.  Nibble, nibble, then throw it down the middle and hope.

Remember when they bragged about his amazing fastball a few years ago