Old Friend Jose Rodriguez suspended for a year

46 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

What a silly "dunk". You think the Sox knew? They had no clue either. A broken clock is right twice a day.

So you think its more likely that he wasn't showing up to the team for another unrelated reason and no one at MLB notified the Sox that they were investigating him and Getz just randomly DFA'd him by coincidence.  Makes sense. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

So you think its more likely that he wasn't showing up to the team for another unrelated reason and no one at MLB notified the Sox that they were investigating him and Getz just randomly DFA'd him by coincidence.  Makes sense. 

I'm surprised nobody is screaming that the White Sox should have known he was gambling, and it's Chris Getz' fault, somehow. They already think the team should kidnap players during the offseason and force them to work out the way they're supposed to. 

Edited by WestEddy
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I'm surprised nobody is screaming that the White Sox should have known he was gambling, and it's Chris Getz' fault, somehow. They already think the team should kidnap players during the offseason and force them to work out the way they're supposed to. 

You're suggesting that it is crazy for teams to have offseason workout regimes for their players?

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

Why the hell would I give the Sox the benefit of the doubt here? There's literally no evidence we have as fans to assume the investigation was the primary factor in releasing him, especially given how HE WENT TO ANOTHER TEAM.

You think the MLB and the Sox knew but the Phillies weren't in on the joke? C

Come on.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

You're suggesting that it is crazy for teams to have workout regimes for their players?

I didn't suggest that at all. That's a silly leap to make.

I'm sure the White Sox give their players training programs to follow in the offseason. It has been suggested that the team is somehow responsible for forcing players to follow them. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Great post here rational fact man.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Why the hell would I give the Sox the benefit of the doubt here? There's literally no evidence we have as fans to assume the investigation was the primary factor in releasing him, especially given how HE WENT TO ANOTHER TEAM.

Come on.

Again, I am pretty sure we learned with Clevinger that the team holding the player knows about an investigation, but they are not allowed to tell anyone else, which is how we never found out that Clev was under MLB and legal investigation when we signed him last year.

• Paper Bag 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Come on.

Yeah. 

Clevinger was under investigation by the MLB and they told the Padres and the Sox signed him (presumably not knowing). 

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Great post here rational fact man.

Thanks. I'm impressed you actually took the time away from correcting every other exaggeration on this site to focus on mine. 

Just now, WestEddy said:

Thanks. I'm impressed you actually took the time away from correcting every other exaggeration on this site to focus on mine. 

To be fair, you are the one putting out the claims on how you only deal in facts, and how everyone targets only you to misrepresent those amazing facts.

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Again, I am pretty sure we learned with Clevinger that the team holding the player knows about an investigation, but they are not allowed to tell anyone else, which is how we never found out that Clev was under MLB and legal investigation when we signed him last year.

If that's true MLB needs to immediately change the policy to notify every team of every investigation. That seems fucking crazy to me in a multi billion dollar cartel that teams wouldn't be sharing that info. But hey, this is Manfred ball.

Posted (edited)

I do wonder if all of these stem from people snitching on these guys. Otherwise, I’m not sure how these guys get caught as it’s not illegal to bet through the online portals. It’s obviously different for guys going through illegal books.

Edited by Milkman delivers
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

To be fair, you are the one putting out the claims on how you only deal in facts, and how everyone targets only you to misrepresent those amazing facts.

There's not a lot of challenging me to defend some strawman that was just concocted, anymore. I've pretty much stopped responding to the main practitioner, and you & Quin seem to have settled down. Although it does still stick in his craw that Seby Zavala is an example of the Sox getting better at developing the catching game of their catchers. 

2 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

I do wonder if all of these stem from people snitching on these guys. Otherwise, I’m not sure how these guys get caught as it’s not illegal to bet through the online portals. It’s obviously different for guys going through illegal books.

I'm sure someone felt wronged and snitched. Or who knows, some of these guys are that stupid to be putting this out there on social media.

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

If that's true MLB needs to immediately change the policy to notify every team of every investigation. That seems fucking crazy to me in a multi billion dollar cartel that teams wouldn't be sharing that info. But hey, this is Manfred ball.

Yeah, there's three outcomes 

1) Sox knew but couldn't tell, DFA'd and got money. Shitty, but ultimately they're hands were tied and with hindsight this was the best move.

2) Sox knew, didn't tell anyone. This would be very, very bad.

3) Sox didn't know. Getz's 40 man roster management remains questionable and he's got dumb luck on this one.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Quin said:

Yeah, there's three outcomes 

1) Sox knew but couldn't tell, DFA'd and got money. Shitty, but ultimately they're hands were tied and with hindsight this was the best move.

2) Sox knew, didn't tell anyone. This would be very, very bad.

3) Sox didn't know. Getz's 40 man roster management remains questionable and he's got dumb luck on this one.

Yep, perfectly said. At best for the Sox and Getz it's 1, which JFC, we're on pace to set loss and RD records, big win guys!

• Fire 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, WestEddy said:

There's not a lot of challenging me to defend some strawman that was just concocted, anymore. I've pretty much stopped responding to the main practitioner, and you & Quin seem to have settled down. Although it does still stick in his craw that Seby Zavala is an example of the Sox getting better at developing the catching game of their catchers. 

Nope, everyone on this site laughs at the fact that you even try to use such a terrible player like Sevy Zavala as an example of anything.  I’m still laughing that you are still bringing up such an absolute s%*# player.  ?

Edited by WhiteSox2023

1 minute ago, Chisoxmb35 said:

Uhh, ok?

I’m still not sold that Ohtani wasn’t involved with his incident, and I wouldn’t put it past MLB to go along with it because he’s their biggest star and a huge foreign draw.

In case it wasn’t clear what I was getting at.