Duke Ellis Called Up

12 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

The Sox keep arranging deck chairs on the Titanic, besides the horrible record everything else is a disaster, do any of these call-ups ever work out, what a clown show.

I'm confused. Do legitimate organizations not call up minor leaguers when their players get injured?

36 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

If you're going to call up a guy not on the 40-man, why not check out Brooks Baldwin before other guys like Ramos, Montgomery, Gonzalez are ready for a legit shot?

I think they need an OF. Reading tea leaves I think Fletcher and AV hit the IL. Which means Gavin is playing 1B, even tho he isn’t an OF, that leaves Pham, Robert and Colas covering the OF. Which is actually a good thing, but do need a 4th OF. Baldwin can play OF, but he’s mainly played IF this season. 

37 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

If you're going to call up a guy not on the 40-man, why not check out Brooks Baldwin before other guys like Ramos, Montgomery, Gonzalez are ready for a legit shot?

If Fletcher's going on the IL, they need a 4th OF. 

10 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I think they need an OF. Reading tea leaves I think Fletcher and AV hit the IL. Which means Gavin is playing 1B, even tho he isn’t an OF, that leaves Pham, Robert and Colas covering the OF. Which is actually a good thing, but do need a 4th OF. Baldwin can play OF, but he’s mainly played IF this season. 

Isn’t Deloach still on the roster 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Remillard played some in AAA. 

If they didn't send Colas down, he's played some first base as well, in spring training and in AAA: https://www.mlb.com/news/oscar-colas-starting-to-play-first-base-for-white-sox#:~:text=Colás rediscovering abilities at first base,-Shewmake playing fast&text=-- Oscar Colás played first,his hand at that position.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Isn’t Deloach still on the roster 

40 man yes, but not active.  But yah, forgot about him for a second.  Guessing they'd rather him play everyday, and Ellis is a perfect pinch runner.  Idk, doesn't make a ton of sense but that must be the logic. 

Edited by ChiSox59

15 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Be interested to see who hits the road.  Sheets is probably moving to 1B more often, though it might be interesting to see if Corey Lee gets time there too.

I would think that Braden Shewmake, hitting 5-33 at AAA, would be the lowest hanging fruit. 

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

lol, PANIC MAN TO THE RESCUE!

"Panic" for a team that's 30 games under .500 is such a bizarre and illogical concept that I'm not even sure what it means. Should the worst team in the league not shuffle the roster? Should they not panic? I mean, wtf are you even saying?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TaylorStSox said:

"Panic" for a team that's 30 games under .500 is such a bizarre and illogical concept that I'm not even sure what it means. Should the worst team in the league not shuffle the roster? Should they not panic? I mean, wtf are you even saying?

Exactly.  You are 30 games under, quit playing awful 38 year old DFA candidates and embrace the fact you suck.  Personally I imagine Getz already calling Avi to see if he will come back after he clears waivers.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

40 man yes, but not active.  But yah, forgot about him for a second.  Guessing they'd rather him play everyday, and Ellis is a perfect pinch runner.  Idk, doesn't make a ton of sense but that must be the logic. 

I feel like they could call him up and play him every day no problem. Unless you think Julks should play every day instead of against just lefties. Which I guess he has earned (for now).

Edit: very small sample size for both, but he's definitely better against lefties than righties. Could easily platoon with any young lefty (Colsa, DeLoach, Fletcher, Sheets with Colas at 1B) and it would be fine.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Exactly.  You are 30 games under, quit playing awful 38 year old DFA candidates and embrace the fact you suck.  Personally I imagine Getz already calling Avi to see if he will come back after he clears waivers.

So they should "embrace the fact they suck" and not do anything with the roster? What? That makes absolutely no sense. What are you saying? ?

• Like 1