Robert back, DeLoach back, Ellis up, Pham IL (HA HA), Fletcher IL, Remillard He Gone

2 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

So Tommy Pham hurt himself making an illegal play into home plate which he then got mad about at the other player.  I can see why we absolutely had to get him around these kids to help them learn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Fire 1
  • Paper Bag 1

11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

So Tommy Pham hurt himself making an illegal play into home plate which he then got mad about at the other player.  I can see why we absolutely had to get him around these kids to help them learn.

What was illegal about sliding into home plate?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Maybe it was the shadow boxing on the way back to the dugout and they are too embarrassed to admit that. 

That tough guy shadow boxing was so cringe.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

To be fair, we don't have any kids with talent among the position players anyways.

• Paper Bag 1

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

it's almost like when you sign old ass vets that didn't have a lot of ramp up time they will get injured. almost like there's a reason nobody really does that unless you're desperate not to field THE WORST TEAM OF ALL FUCKING TIME.

This isn't even that, it is even stupider.  If he slides like he is supposed to, he just get tagged out by 20 feet at home plate, and no injury.  Instead he went out of his way to hit the catcher and instead jammed his leg into the equipment of the catcher and jammed his ankle like a moron.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Paper Bag 3

11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This isn't even that, it is even stupider.  If he slides like he is supposed to, he just get tagged out by 20 feet at home plate, and no injury.  Instead he went out of his way to hit the catcher and instead jammed his leg into the equipment of the catcher and jammed his ankle like a moron.

Like I posted earlier based on his quotes to the media, Pham is a nice old vet player that can hit but he isn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer.

If this turns into an injury of any significance and the Sox can't get anything for Pham, I can't wait to hear everyone that was stanning Mr. Big Dog justify this stupid play.

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

If this turns into an injury of any significance and the Sox can't get anything for Pham, I can't wait to hear everyone that was stanning Mr. Big Dog justify this stupid play.

Even if this is a dreaded high ankle sprain we are talking about a couple of weeks. Seeing him walk off under his own power makes me thing it wasn't something where he tore up ligaments in his ankle, but who knows.

52 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Even better shot.  Dude has an open path to home plate, and goes out of his way to hit the catcher.

image.png

And the rule is

https://www.mlb.com/glossary/rules/collisions-at-home-plate

image.png

Everything about this kerfuffle from Pham's side is idiotic and self-inflicted. He just looks like a jackass in every aspect of the play.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

I would read up on the rules altered a few years back if I were you.

image.png

Seriously, you could probably write 4-5 paragraphs about this as a new topic, pin it for a day, then promote that on Twitter. Viola! You're a content creator. Driving traffic to SoxTalk.

That would be better and different from all the trifling BS the bloggers all thrash and regurgitate.