Padres into Garret Crochet

4 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

I agree. I don't trade Crochet unless someone makes a crazy offer.  

So let's say you have Crochet and another FA SP in the middle of the rotation.  I feel ok that they can get 3-4 guys out of the dozen guys in the minors and any other signings or trades that haven't happened yet. 

If you keep Robert, turn 2 position players from the minors into regulars, find 1 or 2 position players this deadline, you're looking at two offseasons to find another 3-4 guys.  

Maybe I'm nuts, but those numbers don't seem outlandish to me. 

Will the team have a shot at the world series?  Probably not.  But I'll be able to come home from work in the summer and put a baseball game on that doesn't feel like someone kicking me in the balls instead of a stupid netflix documentary about a tiktok cult.

The problem is, the White Sox aren't going to sign a middle of the rotation FA SP.

Just now, WestEddy said:

Why don't you just go look them up? We are deep in pitching. That's not a controversial statement. 

I want to see your list, since im pretty sure I saw you say the other day we got a "Good young SP prospect" in the Bummer trade which was fascinating to me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

I agree. I don't trade Crochet unless someone makes a crazy offer.  

So let's say you have Crochet and another FA SP in the middle of the rotation.  I feel ok that they can get 3-4 guys out of the dozen guys in the minors and any other signings or trades that haven't happened yet. 

If you keep Robert, turn 2 position players from the minors into regulars, find 1 or 2 position players this deadline, you're looking at two offseasons to find another 3-4 guys.  

Maybe I'm nuts, but those numbers don't seem outlandish to me. 

Will the team have a shot at the world series?  Probably not.  But I'll be able to come home from work in the summer and put a baseball game on that doesn't feel like someone kicking me in the balls instead of a stupid netflix documentary about a tiktok cult.

Oh, thank you for that. That was very funny and I pretty much agree with that bolded sentiment.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, T R U said:

C - Korey Lee

1B - Andrew Vaughn

2B - NO ONE

3B - NO ONE

SS - NO ONE

LF - Andrew Benintendi

CF - Luis Robert

RF - Corey Julks

DH - Gavin Sheets

SP - Garrett Crochet

SP - Erick Fedde

SP - NO ONE

SP - NO ONE

SP - NO ONE

BULLPEN - Kopech, Wilson, Leasure, and then a bunch of NO ONE

Ohtani's got nothing on this NO ONE guy.

• Love 1

If the Sox have to trade all their good players cause they'll never be able to sign them then why have a team? Just contract the team or get an owner with deep pockets who wants to win.

You know this Central Division isn't that hard to rim. Remember it's usually the Sox responsible for these teams actually having good seasons cause they boatrace the Sox so often. We singlehandedly gave the Royals confidence early on, ditto Minnesota which was in the tank til it played the Sox. Sickening we can't sign anybody and apparently will have to win with 22 to 25 year olds and retreads which will never happen.

Geez, sell the damn team.

• TLR 1

11 minutes ago, T R U said:

I want to see your list, since im pretty sure I saw you say the other day we got a "Good young SP prospect" in the Bummer trade which was fascinating to me.

Gowans at Winston-Salem is the prospect we got in the Bummer trade. He's probably the next starter promoted out of high-A.

AAA

Davis Martin
Sean Burke
Jonathan Cannon
Shane Drohan*

AA

Noah Schultz*
Drew Thorpe
Jairo Iriarte
Ky Bush*
Mason Adams
Jake Eder*

A+

Riley Gowans
Juan Carela
Tyler Schweitzer*
Drew McDaniel
Shane Murphy*
Tanner McDougal
Peyton Pallette

A

Grant Taylor
Lucas Gordan*
Seth Keener
Aldrin Batista
Jake Bockenstedt
Jake Peppers

R

Christian Oppor*

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

They just signed one this past offseason.  

How low are your expectations?

Very low, did you just become a fan or something?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Gowans at Winston-Salem is the prospect we got in the Bummer trade. He's probably the next starter promoted out of high-A.

AAA

Davis Martin
Sean Burke
Jonathan Cannon
Shane Drohan*

AA

Noah Schultz*
Drew Thorpe
Jairo Iriarte
Ky Bush*
Mason Adams
Jake Eder*

A+

Riley Gowans
Juan Carela
Tyler Schweitzer*
Drew McDaniel
Shane Murphy*
Tanner McDougal
Peyton Pallette

A

Grant Taylor
Lucas Gordan*
Seth Keener
Aldrin Batista
Jake Bockenstedt
Jake Peppers

R

Christian Oppor*

There is not 15 good SP prospects on this list my man

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, T R U said:

Very low, did you just become a fan or something?

Nope.  Been a fan for a while and I've seen them do it many times.

Not sure why you are pretending a mundane occurrence is some unattainable feat.  

Edited by Nardiwashere
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

Nope.  Been a fan for a while and I've seen them do it many times.

Not sure why you are pretending a mundane occurrence is some unattainable feat.  

Because mundane would be a MASSIVE improvement at this time from historically bad dumpster fire.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Because mundane would be a MASSIVE improvement at this time from historically bad dumpster fire.

THEY LITERALLY SIGNED A GUY WHO FITS THIS DESCRIPTION IN DECEMBER.

But maybe you are all right.  T R U brought up a fantastic point when he argued that if they make no trades, sign no players, promote no prospects, decline all options, fail to re-sign anyone, and do not field a full roster, they will continue to be bad.  I never thought of it like that. 

Edited by Nardiwashere
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

But maybe you're all right.  T R U brought up a fantastic point when he argued that if they make no trades, sign no players, promote no prospects, decline all options, fail to re-sign anyone, and do not field a full roster, they will continue to be bad.  I never thought of it like that. 

And if you eliminate all of the examples of good players they've obtained, THEY'VE NEVER OBTAINED ANY GOOD PLAYERS!!!

• Love 1

15 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

They were a dumpster fire before the term was popular. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

But maybe you are all right.  T R U brought up a fantastic point when he argued that if they make no trades, sign no players, promote no prospects, decline all options, fail to re-sign anyone, and do not field a full roster, they will continue to be bad.  I never thought of it like that. 

I wouldn't really call Martin mundane, but you do you.

1 minute ago, Nardiwashere said:

I think I have a pretty good idea which SoxTalk members spend a lot of time writing negative yelp reviews in their spare time. 

I also think I have figured out where flat earthers come from.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

15 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

That’s not what I said at all. I said if they don’t trade Robert, Crochet, Fedde, etc and only declined options on the obvious players they would have upwards of 15 roster spots to fill next season. 

Secondly, they threw 7.5 million per year at an unknown SP and it’s paying off. That’s great, but if that’s your expectation for filling out the rotation that’s not going to end well 

• Thanks 1

Since we're chasing the 61 Mets for worst 162 have record, it should be noted after 8 short years of sub .500 baseball they won a WS in 69. 

2032 Baby :gosox4::notworthy

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

They just signed one this past offseason.  

How low are your expectations?

Fedde? A guy who was a scrap heap "20% of the time this works out" type signing? The type of signing the Sox have made for a decade, even when firmly in the contention window and need much more than just 20% odds of average production?

You can't make a living signing guys that had career .3 WAR to fill out the rotation. That's doomed to fail over a large sample, as we've all seen. The occasional lightning strike doesn't make up for the half a dozen misses before and after.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

Just now, Texsox said:

Since we're chasing the 61 Mets for worst 162 have record, it should be noted after 8 short years of sub .500 baseball they won a WS in 69. 

2032 Baby :gosox4::notworthy

Also the Astros lost 110 games before becoming good. CHECKMATE haters. After we lose 120 we are gonna win 5 WS in a ROW. BOOM.

• Haha 1