When will the Sox next playoff team actually happen?

When will the Sox next playoff team actually happen?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. When will the Sox next playoff team actually happen?

• 2032 or beyond

I hit 2032 and beyond because I really don't know when the Sox will return to the post season. And I don' think anyone connected to the team does either. Rebuilding can bring results. It can also produce nothing. I have been a fan for a long, long time. I've heard the rebuilding stuff for that long time. Don't listen anymore.

"After Jerry sells the team" should be an option.

Seriously, it's hard to see when we're going to break through.  I like some of our pitching prospects, but on the position side, outside of Montgomery, how are we going to fill out an MLB-level, playoff contending lineup?  And it's not like we're going to go out and sign some big name free agents.  

• Like 2

2027 seems like the best case scenario to me, and I think that kind of requires us to trade Crochet and Robert this season.

I have no confidence that the money will be spent wisely this off season and even when Pedro gets fired, I again don't have any confidence in this organization hiring the right guy. We have a GM who so far has shown he is in way over his head and I have really disliked 90% of the moves he has made.

We really need to cash in on Robert and Crochet, that will go a long way in expediting this rebuild. I think if you can trade Crochet, Robert, & Fedde for 7-8 prospects with 3-4 of those being real blue chips we would be in business. Add in the high pick this year and smaller trades of guys like Kopech and Wilson, the farm should be incredibly deep with real talent.

That seems like the only realistic path this team has to being competitive anytime soon.

1 minute ago, T R U said:

2027 seems like the best case scenario to me, and I think that kind of requires us to trade Crochet and Robert this season.

I have no confidence that the money will be spent wisely this off season and even when Pedro gets fired, I again don't have any confidence in this organization hiring the right guy. We have a GM who so far has shown he is in way over his head and I have really disliked 90% of the moves he has made.

We really need to cash in on Robert and Crochet, that will go a long way in expediting this rebuild. I think if you can trade Crochet, Robert, & Fedde for 7-8 prospects with 3-4 of those being real blue chips we would be in business. Add in the high pick this year and smaller trades of guys like Kopech and Wilson, the farm should be incredibly deep with real talent.

That seems like the only realistic path this team has to being competitive anytime soon.

I think this makes sense.  2027 at the very earliest but that’s if the trade returns for all of the outgoing players are hit on.  If not, push the year ahead.

I went with 2030.  I think a number like 2027 means that EVERYTHING went right, like 3 standard deviations of right, in order to make it happen that quickly.  I think by the time we get enough position players into the system, give them time to develop, be recalled, experience failure and get past it, it is probably a solid 5 seasons away at best.