Rosenthal column on Grifol...

When the kids start coming up is when I want Grifol gone.  He's fine now because outside of Nastrini, Sosa, Leasure, Lee and Colas.  There's nothing that is meaningful for the future (I think Crochet gets traded).  Let him continue to embarrass this franchise and when the kids are ready, that's when you fire him.  Might be in August, might be next year.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, GGajewski18 said:

When the kids start coming up is when I want Grifol gone.  He's fine now because outside of Nastrini, Sosa, Leasure, Lee and Colas.  There's nothing that is meaningful for the future (I think Crochet gets traded).  Let him continue to embarrass this franchise and when the kids are ready, that's when you fire him.  Might be in August, might be next year.  

I'll say gone around the all star break. That way when you trade all your assets and bring up some very young dudes he is nowhere near them.

26 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Does it really matter? 

Yes? He is bad at his job and bad for the organization AND the team and organization sucks.

One of those problems is easier to address than the other. 

• Like 2

I would not doubt that LaRussa is in Jerry's ear about Pat Leyland's possible future in Chicago some day, how soon who knows.  Leyland has the bloodlines and at 32 years old has Kanny 33-19. 

• Like 1

If (hopefully when) Grifol is shitcanned this season, my guess is they'd promote Montoyo for the remainder of the season.  Which would be fine, I guess.  Regardless of how much of this season is Grifol's fault, a change needs to be made.

46 minutes ago, Falstaff said:

I would not doubt that LaRussa is in Jerry's ear about Pat Leyland's possible future in Chicago some day, how soon who knows.  Leyland has the bloodlines and at 32 years old has Kanny 33-19. 

Jirschele Santos Leyland 

Pick the youngest just for fun.

4 minutes ago, DFAthewave69420 said:

Kaplan said this morning he’s hearing Grifol has no more than 10 days left.  Dead man walking.

That would be nice but I doubt Jerry will pay him a season and a half's salary for not working.

7 minutes ago, Scott Merkin Fan said:

Kap said this was a prediction based off no intel whatsoever.

Yeah, I wouldn’t buy it even if Kap said he had a source.  If JR hasn’t fired Grifol already, why would he finally do it now?  I don’t see it happening until the end of the season.

p25370077_v_h8_ab.jpg?w=1280&h=720

10 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Yeah, I wouldn’t buy it even if Kap said he had a source.  If JR hasn’t fired Grifol already, why would he finally do it now?  I don’t see it happening until the end of the season.

Ryan Gosling telling the bad guy that he needed glucose cause he's not thinking straight is 100% smarter than anything Pedro has ever said.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Milkman delivers said:

BREAKING: Manager with career winning percentage near .333 and current team on pace for worst season in baseball history is in peril of being shitcanned.

Sports writers are really good at getting those scoops.

that's not what the article was about.

I'm imagining this is Jr's reaction if he was reading this instead of cigar magazine:

"wasn't this the guy that wanted me to fire La Russa? Now he's not good enough either? Make up your mind"

4 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Eh, nobody saw it coming when Hahn and Ken getting fired when it happened.  Jerry is a wily one!

23 hours ago, GGajewski18 said:

I agree and speculate that Sergio Santos gets the interim tag

8 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Eh, nobody saw it coming when Hahn and Ken getting fired when it happened.  Jerry is a wily one!

He let them make trades at the deadline and cut them loose right at the end of the season.  Really strange.  I trust you guys to sell our players but not to continue after that.

According to sources familiar with the vibe and conversations going on among them, players themselves were speculating about Grifol’s status even before the Orioles. They’ve also wondered about some of Grifol’s lineup choices, a lack of continuity in them and the need for so many meetings called in the first two months. And while, as one player put it, Grifol is “very respected as a good man,” that he didn’t wear a major league uniform as a player is something that will be talked about, especially after a loss to a dominant pitcher.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2024/06/06/misgivings-or-not-in-white-sox-clubhouse-players-support-for-grifol-must-be-at-an-all-time-high