How much better would this team be if Ozzie was the manager?

How many wins would this team have with Ozzie as manager?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. We all know that Grifol is the biggest problem with this team and we would be so much better if the right thing had been done in the offseason and Pedro was sent packing and Ozzie named new manager. The question is how much better? How many wins would we have right now with Ozzie as manager?

We'd still be under 20 wins.  This roster is absolute garbage.  It is injury prone, untalented, and baseball stupid.  The only thing that manager can help with is baseball stupid.  Honestly, the stupidest things Ozzie did are many of the same things that Pedro does.  He gives away outs and plays awful veterans at the expense of kids waaaaay too much.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

We'd still be under 20 wins.  This roster is absolute garbage.  It is injury prone, untalented, and baseball stupid.  The only thing that manager can help with is baseball stupid.  Honestly, the stupidest things Ozzie did are many of the same things that Pedro does.  He gives away outs and plays awful veterans at the expense of kids waaaaay too much.

The elephant in the room regarding Oz is how he would approach starting pitching. During Ozzie's managerial days pitchers went very deep into games. With this crap bullpen and below average starting rotation I don't think Ozzie could avoid similar carnage in the W/L department. Team would still lose every series and almost every game.

0% better.

Ozzie Guillen has not worked in Major League Baseball in more than a decade. Grifol is a bumbling idiot, be he has managed to stay employed in the game. Granted it has been by being a sycophantic lickspittle, but that's more than can be said for Guillen.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

I misread this. I thought this was wins at the end of the season... You can disregard my 45-49.

This poll is garbage, as it starts out as 10 more wins, as of right now... Which is just absurd fucking nonsense. A great manager might have 2-3 more wins with this pathetic roster. You can't squeeze water out of a rock.

Edited by Paulie4Pres
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MikeKreevich said:

No, we all don't think Grifol is the biggest problem.  The biggest problem is lack of talent followed by injuries.  

I agree, even though Grifol is a terrible manager and I hope his days are numbered, the biggest problem as you said is the lack of talent, this team is made up of other teams rejects, not so good AAA players and so called ML players like Vaughn and Benintendi who are under-performing miserably. We probably would have a few more wins with another manager but this bunch would still be the worst team in MLB. We also have to look at Getz, he actually thought he had put together a competitive team, all winter long I kept saying to myself “what is this guy up to” as he brought in nothing by rejects.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Not kidding, you should have put 16-25 in the poll.  Ozzie isn’t a miracle man

He also should have put 10-15 in the poll, because I am not positive this was as bad as it could have been.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I agree, even though Grifol is a terrible manager and I hope his days are numbered, the biggest problem as you said is the lack of talent, this team is made up of other teams rejects, not so good AAA players and so called ML players like Vaughn and Benintendi who are under-performing miserably. We probably would have a few more wins with another manager but this bunch would still be the worst team in MLB. We also have to look at Getz, he actually thought he had put together a competitive team, all winter long I kept saying to myself “what is this guy up to” as he brought in nothing by rejects.

As long as you have good fielders. 

22 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Ozzie throwing coolers  and bats INTO the dugout 

Throwing and breaking computers too cause nobody likes them nerds and their statistics.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

39 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

Throwing and breaking computers too cause nobody likes them nerds and their statistics.  

"Hey Ozzie, we need to look at the tape to see what went wrong."

"YOU FUCKING NERD."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, joejoesox said:

there's no way they would have 25 wins with ozzie lol, maybe 5 more wins

One of the things that keeps in my head is Garrett Crochet.  There is now way you can convince me that either Ozzie doesn't allow him into the rotation, or if he did, that he wouldn't be throwing him even more than Pedro has. 

Tonight’s game is another one I think I could have won as manager if Bozo Grifol wasn’t calling the shots.   There’s been at least 10-15 games I could say this about this year and I think Ozzie would win 10-20 games more than me.   This team has major holes but could still be contending for a division title in a weak division if it didn’t have the worst manager in the history of baseball.   Fire Pedro, Katz,Getz, and Reinsdorf tomorrow.   Fans of this team deserve better.