How much better would this team be if Ozzie was the manager?

How many wins would this team have with Ozzie as manager?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. We all know that Grifol is the biggest problem with this team and we would be so much better if the right thing had been done in the offseason and Pedro was sent packing and Ozzie named new manager. The question is how much better? How many wins would we have right now with Ozzie as manager?

7 hours ago, sin city sox fan said:

Tonight’s game is another one I think I could have won as manager if Bozo Grifol wasn’t calling the shots.   There’s been at least 10-15 games I could say this about this year and I think Ozzie would win 10-20 games more than me.   This team has major holes but could still be contending for a division title in a weak division if it didn’t have the worst manager in the history of baseball.   Fire Pedro, Katz,Getz, and Reinsdorf tomorrow.   Fans of this team deserve better.

Yes, because when we look back on Ozzies time with the Sox, we reflect on his wonderfully constructed line ups and his bullpen management. I think you are as drunk as Ozzie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ozzie would have quit on this lineup in spring training and pouted until JR let him out of his contract. If he started the season he would have went into the stands to meet every fan and figure out how to piss them off. He'd be drinking more than Tony. 

• Fire 1

Ozzie as manager is just  another way to perpetuate the problem of insider Ian and old-line thinking. 

I do think that the team would be 10 to 15 games better with an average bullpen and an average manager. 

4 hours ago, GreenSox said:

Ozzie as manager is just  another way to perpetuate the problem of insider Ian and old-line thinking. 

I do think that the team would be 10 to 15 games better with an average bullpen and an average manager. 

That is immaterial to who is manager though.  But even if you had a couple of stable (not even great) relievers at the back of this pen, a game like last night, and the two Wrigley games the Sox most likely win.  The last week or so Leasure and Kopech have traded off blowing late leads, and when they were too tired to do it, other guys like Tanner Banks stepped up their game to do it for them. 

But again, I have yet to hear a thing about how Pedro manages a game that Ozzie wasn't just as bad at.  We all know he started horrible vets over rookies for way too long.  He managed his bullpen awfully.  He ran sub-optimal line ups out there so often, they got a nickname.  I guess maybe the clown show could have distracted some of the negatives swirling around this team, but don't forget when things got really bad, Ozzie didn't hesitate to push someone else under the bus to save his own ass.  And then when things got really bad, he left.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

53 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

That is immaterial to who is manager though.  But even if you had a couple of stable (not even great) relievers at the back of this pen, a game like last night, and the two Wrigley games the Sox most likely win.  The last week or so Leasure and Kopech have traded off blowing late leads, and when they were too tired to do it, other guys like Tanner Banks stepped up their game to do it for them. 

But again, I have yet to hear a thing about how Pedro manages a game that Ozzie wasn't just as bad at.  We all know he started horrible vets over rookies for way too long.  He managed his bullpen awfully.  He ran sub-optimal line ups out there so often, they got a nickname.  I guess maybe the clown show could have distracted some of the negatives swirling around this team, but don't forget when things got really bad, Ozzie didn't hesitate to push someone else under the bus to save his own ass.  And then when things got really bad, he left.

:notworthyx100

• Haha 1

Ozzie is fine where he is right now.  He doesn't want or need garbage like what is being thrown by insignificant, irrelevant twits. I'm going to see him in Joliet Saturday.

17 minutes ago, tray said:

Ozzie is fine where he is right now.  He doesn't want or need garbage like what is being thrown by insignificant, irrelevant twits. I'm going to see him in Joliet Saturday.

What does this even mean?  Are you referring to negative talk by the media and fans about the 17-50 Sox?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tray said:

Worked with a guy named Todd Whitmer. Everybody called TWhit. :) 

A good indicator of bad management is when them team finds themselves selling off pieces early because they are always out of the race…but then you realize the team somehow has so many “good pieces” to sell.  How can they have so many good pieces but never win with them?