6/5 Sux @ Flubs 7:05PM CT

7 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm fucking sick and tired of our young latin players getting fucked over by umps. It's uncanny. Thank god Sosa didn't let it affect him. 

Confidence is a crazy fucking thing. All of a sudden, Sosa has it. 

What???

17 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Good, hopefully Fedde doesn’t crap the bed before the deadline and returns a prospect in the top 100.

Getz had a great offseason.  I was completely wrong.  The Sox record speaks for itself.

prospect humping........it's what habitual losing small market teams  do........oooooo why got the farm stocked.....no promises in tomorrow.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Crazy how nice it is to see Colas and Robert in the OF instead of Fletcher/Pham and Shields. You get an elite CF and a decent RF with a big arm instead of two nothings. 

Sheets?

Although Big Game James could sure bring some veteran leadership to snagging balls in BP I guess...

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Sheets?

Although Big Game James could sure bring some veteran leadership to snagging balls in BP I guess...

Twice I got super stoned and posted Shields instead of Sheets on Soxtalk this year. Man is rent free up in my noggin. 

1 minute ago, kitekrazy said:

prospect humping........it's what habitual losing small market teams  do........oooooo why got the farm stocked.....no promises in tomorrow.

See Pirates and Reds.  Royals until this season.  Marlins.  Tigers.

Not sure what to call the Rockies and A's.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Twice I got super stoned and posted Shields instead of Sheets on Soxtalk this year. Man is rent free up in my noggin. 

Like Remillard, he can never seem to move on...stuck with him.

Even Leury had an end date.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Yup, I get it.  But it’s the only option when your owner won’t sign a top free agent.

14 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm fucking sick and tired of our young latin players getting fucked over by umps. It's uncanny. Thank god Sosa didn't let it affect him. 

Confidence is a crazy fucking thing. All of a sudden, Sosa has it. 

Lenyn Sosa struggling, then adjusting after getting consistent playing time was his thing.

So Pedro figured "nah, we don't need that."

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Quin said:

Lenyn Sosa struggling, then adjusting after getting consistent playing time was his thing.

So Pedro figured "nah, we don't need that."

Both colas and sosa should already have 150 PA at least this year. pathetic long term thinking. i don't care that you cycled in some vets like Jurks that caught lightning in a bottle, same with Pham. Those guys are nothing long term. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

what a terrible break, god damnit. 

At the same time, we almost saw a Cubs fan throw a ground rule double back and then get angry once she realized that's not a thing.

• Love 1

I never played baseball at a high level but I ve followed the game forever at the MLB level.

1st pitch fastball for a strike to lefty on left to Colas from a pitcher who frequently throws curves low to the previously hitters.So I'm thinking lots of low curves coming now that he's ahead.

I figure that's what Colas should be thinking too and look at the next pitch at least. He's at a disadvantage and has to see if he can get the count back in his favor.

Low curve out of the strike zone swing and miss strike 2, then another curve in the dirt strike 3. How do they make it this far without knowing these things and you see it constantly. Sure you'll get out guessed pretty often but so many guys can't seem to think along with the pitcher. Too much swingitis.