6/5 Sux @ Flubs 7:05PM CT

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep, back to not caring when they lose. 

Did you really care about them beating the Cubs twice at Wrigley?  I guess it would’ve been nice but as mediocre as the Cubs are, they are still better than the Sox so I had already chalked these up as losses.

At this point, the consecutive loss record interests me more for the shame it will put on JR and Getz.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Did you really care about them beating the Cubs twice at Wrigley?  I guess it would’ve been nice but as mediocre as the Cubs are, they are still better than the Sox so I had already chalked these up as losses.

At this point, the consecutive loss record interests me more for the shame it will put on JR and Getz.

Sure, I hate the Cubs and don’t want them to make the postseason. Losing two to the Sox would have made their fans even panic more.  And the joke is on you for thinking JR feels shame.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I am pretty sure Kopech is my most hated player in tram history.  

Personally, I hate the player they drafted in the 6th round of the 2002 draft and the 4th round of the 2005 draft.

They just had to have the left-handed second baseman from Michigan.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

The trade frenzy prospect humpers think he will bring some kind of value.  He's basically a fragile player physically and mentally.  Maybe there is a GM that is naive at the Getz/TLR level.  

The organization's hopes are in Birmingham.  Will they be rushed? Then when they make it to the big league roster there will be some growing pains.

Kopech definitely appears to be a gutless choking dog in high leverage situations.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Sure, I hate the Cubs and don’t want them to make the postseason. Losing two to the Sox would have made their fans even panic more.  And the joke is on you for thinking JR feels shame.

Losing to the Cubbies still puts me in a bad mood especially when they blow leads in both games. It shouldn't but it does.

• Like 2
  • Paper Bag 1

I have to wonder  if players don't really want to play for Grifol.  He doesn't seem to have a leadership personality.  When the lowly Royals don't want to give you an opportunity that has to speak volumes.

He says all of the wrong things even the day he was hired.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hi8is said:

And perhaps what I’m looking forward to most is watching Pedro squirm on the bench as they lose in walk off fashion

Called that s%*#.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I have to wonder  if players don't really want to play for Grifol.  He doesn't seem to have a leadership personality.  When the lowly Royals don't want to give you an opportunity that has to speak volumes.

He says all of the wrong things even the day he was hired.

They don’t.  Check out the quotes from the players disagreeing with Grifol last week about the team being flat.  Players that respect their manager don’t directly disagree with them straight to the media.  The players knew what they were doing.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

They don’t.  Check out the quotes from the players disagreeing with Grifol last week about the team being flat.

They are worried about being called flat? There is probably at least 15 guys on this roster who should not be in the major leagues.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, wegner said:

They are worried about being called flat? There is probably at least 15 guys on this roster who should not be in the major leagues.

You have a point, but just the fact that they intentionally made a point to disagree with what Grifol said to the media was the players basically trying to stick it to Grifol and throw him a big FU without doing it directly and losing their jobs.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 3

Can you imagine what a circus of dysfunction that clubhouse must be. Why does the media even bother asking the players or Grifol any questions at all at this point.

The one needing to answer questions is JR but he is hiding away somewhere counting his money and laughing at the few fans this team has left for coming to the ballpark and wasting their hard earned money on this crap product.

1 minute ago, brijames1957 said:

Can you imagine what a circus of dysfunction that clubhouse must be. Why does the media even bother asking the players or Grifol any questions at all at this point.

The one needing to answer questions is JR but he is hiding away somewhere counting his money and laughing at the few fans this team has left for coming to the ballpark and wasting their hard earned money on this crap product.

Was told last week by a mainstream media member that JR is still showing up for home games.

Hope he is enjoying the show. 

• Paper Bag 3

1 minute ago, brijames1957 said:

Yep, shame on Jerry for being a total coward during all of this.  He clearly doesn’t give a crap about the fan base, as that’s been obvious forever.   Sell the team

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, chw42 said:

Team record is 15. Surely Pedro will be fired if he gets past that right?

The Franchise record is 13 losses in a row in a season, which we just tied. 

Edited by Chisoxmb35
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chisoxmb35 said:

The Franchise record is 13 losses in a row in a season, which we just tied. 

Just to be clear, the 1967 team (a good team), lost the last 5, and the 1968 team started 0-10. I look at the 13 as the team record. I will be rooting for the Red Sox tomorrow if Grifol is managing. He deserves to wear this record. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Was told last week by a mainstream media member that JR is still showing up for home games.

Hope he is enjoying the show. 

Maybe watching this garbage team that Getz built will convince the old man that his ideal lineup of nine scrubs like David Eckstein doesn’t work.  But let’s be honest, he’s probably just at the ballpark to see how many Campfire Milkshakes are being sold.

Posted (edited)

Are there any Kopech fans still on this board? My gosh his fastball must be so flat. Cause it gets HIT. I listened while driving in the car to the 8th and 9th.

Boom. HR. Game over. Cubs announcers quite happy. Of course like all the teams that get well in playing the Sox they didn't mention we've lost 13 in a row and suck. All they did was mention how great the Cubs are in coming back from a bad few weeks and how they are a very good team blah blah.

Their fans actually had to really enjoy that 2-game sweep despite the Sox record. I mean a pair of 7-6 wins. First one a comeback from 5-0; this one a ridiculous walk off. I repeat BOOM.

-- By the way our top of the ninth was ridiculous. Those were allegedly our best hitters and our only hope of scoring was if that pinch runner somehow stole third after stealing second and the ball was thrown past 3B to score the run. Pretty weak that I thought Vaughn might hit a HR. How dumb of me.

Edited by greg775

1 hour ago, wegner said:

Losing to the Cubbies still puts me in a bad mood especially when they blow leads in both games. It shouldn't but it does.

Another sign that Sox are irrelevant. I used to get so mad at us losing to the Cubs and/or Royals. Now ... I sheepishly confess in the car I was 'rooting' for us to lose. I mean we're 15 games behind the team ahead of us in our division I think. What the hell does one win matter if we can lose 14, 15, 16 in a row? That'd be kind of neat. (For the greg haters ... I realize I've always wanted us to win every game especially against tanking. But I'm human and very upset with the Sox. In general I do want to win games, but guys, when you've won 15 all year, I get a year mulligan on that kind of thinking. I'm just thinking of how the Sox have lost a generation of older fans to go with indifference of any younger fans. What a mess. Please, MLB, either discipline the Sox for putting this product out there or please contract the team.

1 hour ago, fathom said:

That asshole better not manage another game.  This bullpen is a complete disgrace.  Way to give the Cubs some life.

Exactly. The Sox give so many teams life. It's absurd. I'm telling you ... the Royals gained a lot of early confidence by winning 6 of 7 vs Chicago or whatever it was. We woke up Minnesota at the time for sure. This was a wake up for the Cubs. And there are other teams the Sox awakened as well. Did the Sox stink against Cleveland too and boost their spirits early on? I forget.