6/6 - Celebrity Battle of the Soxes - Red v. White 7:10

14 minutes ago, sin city sox fan said:

Possibly as good as 45-18.    This team plays with zero inspiration and still gets many leads that it blows.    Pedro is the worst manager in the history of baseball and is capable of creating a high level of suckitivity for any team.

Kids, just say no to crack.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

14 runs allowed and 14 straight losses.

Symmetry don't ya think?

Don't stop now boys! Go for 20!!!

And we beat the Red Sox 14-2 in game 1 of the 2005 ALDS. Basically the last time we had a chance of winning a ring…and did, thankfully. 

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Ok you have to be trolling. How much WAR do you think a "Great" manager provides?

This is what @sin city sox fan is known for.  I’m pretty sure he breaks out the Jergens and pleasures himself as he waits for responses to his troll posts.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

Sox got five hits and threw some independent league caliber pitcher as a starter. The guys that followed Woodard and Bernstein were hacks as well.

Twenty four hits to our five? They should at lease play Three Stooges shorts in a corner of the scoreboard during Sox home games. Sox are fine comedy.

Is anybody embarrassed at 35th and Shields? Our ballpark is ok but one of the dullest in baseball. And our team reeks on both offense and defense. Also pitching and bullpen are sub par. 14 in a row is embarrassing but nobody really cares. They're too busy trying to trade the only two good players so the Sox can go 3-25 in April in 2025.

• Paper Bag 1

I thought it was sad when Danny Mendick produced a ground ball and the Sox turned two and the camera panned to some kids in the crowd who were genuinely happy about what they just saw. 

18 minutes ago, nrockway said:

I thought it was sad when Danny Mendick produced a ground ball and the Sox turned two and the camera panned to some kids in the crowd who were genuinely happy about what they just saw. 

I thought it was sad White Sox fans were still watching this game in the 9th inning. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I thought it was sad White Sox fans were still watching this game in the 9th inning. 

don't worry, I fast forwarded to watch Danny Mendick to pitch. 

48 minutes ago, nrockway said:

It's fun when the other team makes outs. A long journey starts with the first step. 

I’m just now starting to sit down and watch the game. Hysterical…

Shriffin is all jazzed, “I have a feeling!!! Tonight is the NIGHT… the losing streak is OVER!”

Stone is sitting in the background with thoughts clear as day, “don’t count on it buddy” while he just waits for some airtime in putting down his assignment from the higher ups…

”talk up Paul dejung”

And within two pitches the game is already lost. ???

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

It's fun when the other team makes outs. A long journey starts with the first step. 

Even better when you don’t get shut out, even if you lose your 14th game in a row and set the franchise record.

What’s the no shutout streak at now?  I haven’t seen you post an update on it in awhile.  Inquiring minds want to know.  Very important stat for this season.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

Anyone remember when golden boy Ricky Hahn picked Moncada over Devers in his Sale package?

I sure do. ?

Do you honestly believe Devers would have come here and prospered? I don’t. 

Just now, Tnetennba said:

Do you honestly believe Devers would have come here and prospered? I don’t. 

Questionable at best.

6 hours ago, sin city sox fan said:

This team is bad but our level of suckitivity is inflated by Pedro Grifol.   I don't claim to be a baseball genius but I know I could have gotten at least 10 more Ws out of this roster than our bonehead manager has  (and I think Ozzie could have gotten 20-25 more).   So don't blame 100% of our suckitivity on Getz (unless you know he has the authority to fire this bozo)  

Lolololololol

4 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Even better when you don’t get shut out, even if you lose your 14th game in a row and set the franchise record.

What’s the no shutout streak at now?  I haven’t seen you post an update on it in awhile.  Inquiring minds want to know.  Very important stat for this season.

Hey hey now that is MY thread.  He doesn’t like it because why are we even tracking the 10 shutouts in 60 games 

Took the kids to Cards-Rockies last night to see a different ballpark. They asked the score of the Sox game a few times, and I explained how it kept growing in favor of the Red Sox.  

We talked about how it may not be worth the $1-2 we would pay for tickets and the fees from whatever seller.  It was only halfway joking that the may be Sox letting people in for free later this summer hoping for the parking and concession revenue.  

For what we spent coming here ($32 for 4 tickets, $16 in fees, and $80 in concessions), the concessions was the big moneymaker.  There is no way we would spend that going to likely see a horrible game like this one.

9 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Check what color Sox they were wearing?