White Sox "actively seeking" packages for Robert

Chris Getz making marquee trades frightens me. If he though this catastrophe would be competitive, I sure as hell can’t put any faith in his talent evaluation. 

This team is so fucked for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Scott Merkin Fan said:

From the looks of that article Heyman is saying that Robert is the most likely player to get traded at the deadline. They are going to trade everyone they can. This is ridiculous.

a8ababb5-b65b-46d8-b347-73a60163ea68_text.gif

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Chris Getz making marquee trades frightens me. If he though this catastrophe would be competitive, I sure as hell can’t put any faith in his talent evaluation. 

This team is so fucked for the foreseeable future. 

Can’t wait to see what low ceiling guys he tries to acquire 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Paper Bag 1

Mark me down as one who doesn’t care if the Sox trade Robert. He’s currently on a 120-loss pace team. If they want to get bodies from other teams for Robert or Crochet, go for it. Chances are we’re bad until ownership changes anyway. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

37 minutes ago, Scott Merkin Fan said:

From the looks of that article Heyman is saying that Robert is the most likely player to get traded at the deadline. They are going to trade everyone they can. This is ridiculous.

Or the opposite of ridiculous 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Seems like a terrible idea.

On the contrary, he should still be able to fetch a kings ransom so it makes sense to do it now. 

We need multiple Top 100 position players ASAP.

Robert's salaries are only going to escalate from here, so get as much value as you can.

They should still be able to get 3 Top 100s including one Top 10. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

It's not like Robert is going to be a part of the next competitive team. It would be foolish to hold onto him if there is a good deal on the table. Get it done with Seattle.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Yup sell him before the injuries start creeping back. Such a shame too the Sox have to trade away a talent like this. They really have no choice though.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, bobbydanks said:

I don't like it because he's probably at the lowest value of his entire career. 

Getz will do the same he did with Cease. Ask for the first born son of the GMs around the league. He won’t get it, will get lowballed, and the league will wait him out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Paper Bag 1