White Sox "actively seeking" packages for Robert

1 hour ago, JoeC said:

Probably worked out for 35+ years.

Hull left the Blackhawks after the 71 season. 

They finished first in their conference in 72, 75, 77, 78, 79, 82, 85, 89, 90, 92 (and went to the SC Finals.)

Then the dark ages hit, and when a new owner took over, everything changed. Sounds familiar! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Frank lasted as long as he did because JR had a different mindset back then. 

I get your viewpoint but the Sox are between a rock and a hard place with no way out until new ownership arrives. JR is dead-set in his ways and his thoughts on how things should be done and at age 88 he probably isn't changing his philosophy. 

I'm changing mine slowly as in finding another team.

Owners are bad for baseball anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

A drunk domestic abuser who was good at hockey killed your Hawks fandom?  Wow.

You are not a judge of character and obviously do not have a clue what you are talking about. How old are you? Still a teenager? I could explain why Bobby Hull meant so much to fans, but why waste my time on someone who is so absorbed in themselves.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, tray said:

You are not a judge of character and obviously do not have a clue what you are talking about. How old are you? Still a teenager? I could explain why Bobby Hull meant so much to fans, but why waste my time on someone who is so absorbed in themselves.

Yes, I am a judge of character as we all are as human beings.  I’m 44 years old, but what does that have to do with anything, gramps?

He was a great hockey player.  He was also a piece of sh1t, abusive, racist, mean drunk.  What did I say that wasn’t true, pops?

https://deadspin.com/bobby-hull-obituary-chicago-blackhawks-domestic-abuse-1850049811/

Your takes on everything, including the radioactive dirt located at “The 78” are so clown shoes worthy that you are the joke meme of this message board.

19836cecad10c478a06eda270a753d4e.jpg

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Fire 1

33 minutes ago, tray said:

Honestly shut up.  You offer nothing here.  Just go away

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Fire 1

"Yes, I am a judge of character as we all are as human beings.  I’m 44 years old, but what does that have to do with anything, gramps? "

The post you questioned was about what the poster felt as a fan of Bobby Hull at that time. Bobby meant a LOT to young Hawk fans who knew nothing about any allegations by his then wife or ex-wife. As far as your characterization of Bobby Hull, there are a lot of athletes and politicians  that abused alcohol (Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle, Joe Namath) and/or had allegations of sexual abuse levied against them by ex-wives yet were or are admired by certain people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tray said:

None of that stuff was reported then. I don't know how old you are, tray, but I'm 60, and even if it was alluded to, 9 year old me didn't quite pick up on it. 

Weird dunk how Xers, Zers and whatevers think everybody should have hated everybody else in their own time based on what we know now. Maybe they should STFU until after they show real shame over not rejecting today's celebrities over allegations that will come out in the next 10 years. 

Edited by WestEddy
  • Hawk 1
  • TLR 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

None of that stuff was reported then. I don't know how old you are, tray, but I'm 60, and even if it was alluded to, 9 year old me didn't quite pick up on it. 

Weird dunk how Xers, Zers and whatevers think everybody should have hated everybody else in their own time based on what we know now. Maybe they should STFU until after they show real shame over not rejecting today's celebrities over allegations that will come out in the next 10 years. 

Well, it’s 2024 and it’s known now and it’s the same reason everyone hates guys like Clevinger and Bauer.  And we are all discussing this NOW, not back when Hull was playing.  But it’s apparently easier to hate on lesser players that did these things than stars at their sport.

If we all found out that a player like Frank Thomas or Paul Konerko was a drunk racist spousal abuser this year, that shouldn’t impact how we view them at all?  I guarantee you that it would have an impact and the Sox would dissociate themselves from them completely.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, tray said:

Shut up and leave the forum?  On what basis?

Pick one!

1. Squaring up in every thread like it's a fight to the death
  2. Your weird stance on a stadium that many feel would invigorate the team, where you constantly move goal posts.
  3. Currently telling us that we should now lay off the legacy of a guy who beat his wife.
  4. Currently telling us that we should now lay off the legacy of that same guy, who also expressed admiration for Hitler.
  5. This weird infantilization bullshit you do whenever someone disagrees with you. We're on a fucking message board. You're not attracting Gen Z to this platform. Meanwhile, to hop around the swear filter, you resort to ye olde text speak and will type out "dumb azz" sometimes. We get it, you want to type a-s-s. Just live with it.

I could on and on, but frankly, #4 sticks in my craw, especially in modern times. I'm guessing your grandfather didn't have lifelong depression and PTSD because he stared the genocide of his people in the face by freeing one of the camps where his family was murdered.

But Bobby Hull was so fucking cool to little Tray!

My oldest memory is of a Frank Thomas home run from the 1995 season when I was 2-years-old. I know cause my parents said I never stopped saying how it went out of the stadium. If it turned out Frank supported a genocidal maniac, I'd be writing to the Sox to scrape #35 off of the stadium wall and melt the statue.

Same for #3. f*** that noise.

• Thanks 3
  • Fire 1

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Well, it’s 2024 and it’s known now and it’s the same reason everyone hates guys like Clevinger and Bauer.  And we are all discussing this NOW, not back when Hull was playing.  But it’s apparently easier to hate on lesser players that did these things than stars at their sport.

If we all found out that a player like Frank Thomas or Paul Konerko was a drunk racist spousal abuser this year, that shouldn’t impact how we view them at all?  I guarantee you that it would have an impact and the Sox would dissociate themselves from them completely.

nevermind

Edited by WestEddy

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Yeah, normal thinking adults all think that. Trey's speaking about what he thought in the past. You don't need to lecture me, as I already said that as a 9-year-old, I don't remember that being reported. 7/8 of the music in your iPod is made or facilitated by rapists and abusers. You're welcome for the knowledge. 

Trust me, I idolize these celebrities that you are referring to, both in the form of actors and musicians, far less than the ridiculous effort you put forth to try to defend and fluff up every crappy Getz player acquisition and supposed prospect that he has developed.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Too late, your stupid post is now historicized for all eternity for everyone to see since I quoted you.  No take-backs!  🤣

I deleted my post after realizing I was walking into an ongoing argument from quin's post, not your insipid BS. 

You really are a child. 

• TLR 1
  • Paper Bag 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I deleted my post after realizing I was walking into an ongoing argument from quin's post, not your insipid BS. 

You really are a child. 

You posted it so own it.  And Quin never once responded to one of your posts, but nice try backtracking.

You really are an old man.

Edited by WhiteSox2023