White Sox "actively seeking" packages for Robert

Bowden trade piece.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5553919/2024/06/11/mlb-trade-deadline-rumors-50-days-out/?source=user_shared_article

6. The White Sox have no untouchables on their major-league roster. They’re willing to trade all of their best players including outfielders Luis Robert Jr., Eloy Jiménez and Tommy Pham as well as starters Garrett Crochet and Erick Fedde and reliever Michael Kopech. Bottom line: They’re going to have a fire sale and aim to add as many good prospects as they can and make as many trades as possible.

15. The Phillies have been the National League’s best team but aren’t resting on their laurels. They’re looking to improve their overall outfield and have interest in Luis Robert Jr. and Tommy Pham. The Phillies and White Sox do match up well on a blockbuster-type deal. Robert is under team control through 2027 on a club-friendly deal. The Phillies are in on outfielder Jake McCarthy of the Diamondbacks as well. It’s believed they could also add a reliever.

• Like 1

If you are in talks with the Phillies on Robert it has to start with Aidan Miller, Painter, and Caba right? Abel's stuff backed up big time. I guess Justin Crawford could be in the mix as well.

• Like 4

Just looking at Phillies prospect list... I know nothing about him but I'd like a Gabriel Rincones type on this team for 1b/DH.  Seems like he is a AA left handed power bat (can't field or run).  Would he be the type of prospect we can get for Pham or is that too much (or too little)?  

Edited by Nardiwashere

26 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

If you are in talks with the Phillies on Robert it has to start with Aidan Miller, Painter, and Caba right? Abel's stuff backed up big time. I guess Justin Crawford could be in the mix as well.

I would think it leads off with Painter (Who is amazing).. But I really dislike their bats.  Has to be Painter, Miller and one of Caba/Crawford I'd think.  I'd be disappointed we couldn't find a team with a bat headliner.

I don't think anyone matches what you'd need to move Robert this year though.

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I would think it leads off with Painter (Who is amazing).. But I really dislike their bats.  Has to be Painter, Miller and one of Caba/Crawford I'd think.  I'd be disappointed we couldn't find a team with a bat headliner.

I don't think anyone matches what you'd need to move Robert this year though.

I absolutely love Miller. Scouts are raving about him this season. Jumped 52 spots to number 21 on the BA update. Phillies could put together a very strong offer with Miller and Painter as headliners.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DirtySox said:

I love how the Phillies need an outfielder and one of the guys they are looking at likely so they don’t have to overpay for Luis Robert is a guy in Jake McCarthy that Getz/Barfield passed on for Dominic Fletcher.  The Sox should currently have all three options for OF needy teams — Robert, McCarthy, and Pham.

Nice scouting fail there…

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DirtySox said:

Give me Caba please. That kid is going to be an absolute stud. 

I don’t see teams giving up as much as people are mentioning for a player as injury prone as Robert. Robert would be lucky just to make it to the trade deadline in the first place.

6 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Robert had a nice audition in front of the Mariners last night. Still holding out hope he leaves them starry-eyed enough after this series to pony up.

I'm tired of Robert as much as the other guys. Two decent prospects and I'd trade him. Staying healthy

is an important skill. I'm sick of injury prone players. 

1 hour ago, Paulie4Pres said:

I can't wait to see this guy become a superstar with another team. Please trade him. The Sox don't deserve him anyway.

If he can’t stay healthy he will never put up Superstar numbers. That being said I still think they should build around Robert and Crochet and hoping that Robert can stay on the field.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

22 hours ago, 4OCS said:

I don’t see teams giving up as much as people are mentioning for a player as injury prone as Robert. Robert would be lucky just to make it to the trade deadline in the first place.

he played like 140+ games last year, so he can stay healthy.  i have a feeling there's gonna be a couple teams at least willing to splurge for him

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 4OCS said:

I agree here. I don't think he moves until at least next trade deadline. Hope I'm wrong and they get a monster haul though.

Is it asking too much for the price to be Painter, Miller, and Caba from the Phillies?

There's just so much team control left here with Robert.  3 1/2 years.  If they hold on to him, they could still get a huge package for him next deadline, and probably still get a pretty big package for him at the 2026 deadline.

25 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

WTF? Why would you even tweet that? JFC.

LOL. Exactly.  Why would you make an already looking s%*# show look even worse?  No one would have been the wiser, if they just didn’t post a video of the homer.  🤣

• Paper Bag 1

39 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

WTF? Why would you even tweet that? JFC.

12 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

LOL. Exactly.  Why would you make an already looking s%*# show look even worse?  No one would have been the wiser, if they just didn’t post a video of the homer.  🤣

The worst part: I only saw it cause it's sitting on the homepage.

I was on the homepage so I could go submit my five votes for #AllStardanado

• Haha 1