White Sox "actively seeking" packages for Robert

On 6/11/2024 at 8:13 PM, zisk said:

I'm tired of Robert as much as the other guys. Two decent prospects and I'd trade him. Staying healthy

is an important skill. I'm sick of injury prone players. 

Is Robert that injury prone? Don't you feel as if his injuries are more legit than Eloy's? Robert isn't an injury waiting to happen is he? Eloy is.

20 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

They HAVE to.  Otherwise he shouldn't be dealt.

For the record, please do not trade Crochet or Robert. You can build teams around these guys. They've done it and will do it. Trade Pham and DeJong and Maldy and Fedde and those guys. Please get rid of Beni.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

For the record, please do not trade Crochet or Robert. You can build teams around these guys. They've done it and will do it. Trade Pham and DeJong and Maldy and Fedde and those guys. Please get rid of Beni.

Yeah, I hate to tell you this, but they have them now, and we are setting all time worst records with them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Trade Maldonado and Benintendi…. how?!? 😂

19 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Is Robert that injury prone? Don't you feel as if his injuries are more legit than Eloy's? Robert isn't an injury waiting to happen is he? Eloy is.

Eloy's hamstring injuries are not "legit?" That is shear nonsense. It is a fact that athletes who have had hamstring injuries and or hamstring surgery face a high probability of recurrent injury. I understand there are reasons, legitimate or otherwise, to dislike Eloy, but his hamstring issues are no fault of his. Unfortunately the likelihood of recurrence diminishes any trade value he might have.

15 minutes ago, tray said:

Eloy's hamstring injuries are not "legit?" That is shear nonsense. It is a fact that athletes who have had hamstring injuries and or hamstring surgery face a high probability of recurrent injury. I understand there are reasons, legitimate or otherwise, to dislike Eloy, but his hamstring issues are no fault of his. Unfortunately the likelihood of recurrence diminishes any trade value he might have.

But no one could have planned for his being injured.

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

He has played over 100 games exactly once in his career.  He is absolutely injury prone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

A team can absolutely build around guys like Luis and Crochet.  The issue is, that by the time the Sox are possibly good enough to compete, both will be due new deals and likely command $200m plus which Jerry won’t pay.  Therefore, at least convert them into a future asset.

34 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

But no one could have planned for his being injured.

What are you even talking about? Eloy's replacement was sitting on the bench, and has put up better numbers than Eloy since Eloy first went on the IL. 

12 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

What are you even talking about? Eloy's replacement was sitting on the bench, and has put up better numbers than Eloy since Eloy first went on the IL. 

Weren't  you just the one trying to say his injury was one of the reasons the were so historically bad?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Weren't  you just the one trying to say his injury was one of the reasons the were so historically bad?

Three. Three of their main hitters went down in the first 11 games. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Three. Three guys who you can expect to get hurt, regardless if it’s at the same time or not.

Not sure what that means. Are you saying that because there's an expectancy of them getting hurt, they weren't actually hurt?

This is a feeble attempt to take that "excuse" off the table. Eloy, Yoan and Robert got injured. Regardless of what anybody expected. 

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

A team can absolutely build around guys like Luis and Crochet.  The issue is, that by the time the Sox are possibly good enough to compete, both will be due new deals and likely command $200m plus which Jerry won’t pay.  Therefore, at least convert them into a future asset.

This. 

On 6/12/2024 at 2:30 AM, Paulie4Pres said:

I can't wait to see this guy become a superstar with another team. Please trade him. The Sox don't deserve him anyway.

Of course he's perfectly capable of another 2023 type season ,that's why you'd expect a few really good prospects back.

However he's also capable of being injured a lot too and actually getting his team option years refused.

Sox probably still likely not to trade him before this year's deadline and take a big chance he can stay healthy in the 1st half of 2025 but if he gets hurt then they have to decide to pick up his 1st $20M a year option . It gets dicey then. Might be best if he got really hot from now until the trade deadline to get some value back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

Exactly.
You have to have the right players at the right time.

We have the right players (Robert and Crochet, assuming Crochet is legit) at the wrong time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WestEddy said:

Three. Three of their main hitters went down in the first 11 games. 

The guys who average 40 to 50% of their seasons hurt, all get hurt, including ones with injuries you say are predictable,  and yet no one could have seen it coming when deciding how bad this team would be.  Makes sense.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

The guys who average 40 to 50% of their seasons hurt, all get hurt, including ones with injuries you say are predictable,  and yet no one could have seen it coming when deciding how bad this team would be.  Makes sense.

What are you talking about? Who said "no one could have seen it coming"? Do you even have a point?

You seem panicky and desperate. 

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Panicky and desperate would describe our GM.

What is a "softer" version of panicky that's softer and less aggressive, lol?

Have been arguing over that description for weeks and weeks now.

Reactive vs. proactive?

We are seeing a potential rotation begin to form with Crochet, Thorpe, Cannon and the possibility of a few more from the minors. We need a bullpen and that is easier said than done.

I would not trade any of the premier talent we have in the line-up (Robert, Eloy, Moncada, Vaughn, Lee), unless the return includes major league ready players that are proven hitters. No more trades for "prospects" that you wait years to develop and never pan out. Open the wallet and pay to keep most of the talent we have...then add to it. I'm just not in favor of tanking and just getting rid of players we may not like but are not easily replaced.

Edited by tray
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, greg775 said:

Remember Robert also had significant injuries when he was in the minor leagues including hand surgery if I remember correctly sliding head first into second base. 

25 minutes ago, tray said:

We are seeing a potential rotation begin to form with Crochet, Thorpe, Cannon and the possibility of a few more from the minors. We need a bullpen and that is easier said than done.

I would not trade any of the premier talent we have in the line-up (Robert, Eloy, Moncada, Vaughn, Lee), unless the return includes major league ready players that are proven hitters. No more trades for "prospects" that you wait years to develop and never pan out. Open the wallet and pay to keep most of the talent we have...then add to it. I'm just not in favor of tanking and just getting rid of players we may not like but are not easily replaced.

Open the wallet 🤣🤣🤣.  You’re a funny guy.

26 minutes ago, tray said:

Did you just call Eloy, Moncada, Vaughn, & Lee “premier” talents?  At this point you are just straight up trolling.

• Thanks 1