White Sox "actively seeking" packages for Robert

28 minutes ago, tray said:

We are seeing a potential rotation begin to form with Crochet, Thorpe, Cannon and the possibility of a few more from the minors. We need a bullpen and that is easier said than done.

I would not trade any of the premier talent we have in the line-up (Robert, Eloy, Moncada, Vaughn, Lee), unless the return includes major league ready players that are proven hitters. No more trades for "prospects" that you wait years to develop and never pan out. Open the wallet and pay to keep most of the talent we have...then add to it. I'm just not in favor of tanking and just getting rid of players we may not like but are not easily replaced.

Eloy and Moncada are gone as soon as Jerry can buy them out.

Robert is big game hunting with Boras for a few hundred million.

Crochet has waited to extend this long, not sure why that would change unless the Sox get well into 9 figures.

Vaughn is closer to a non-tender than an extension at this point.

Lee?  Maybe you could extend him, but he doesn't sound like a happy camper right now 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

What is a "softer" version of panicky that's softer and less aggressive, lol?

Have been arguing over that description for weeks and weeks now.

Reactive vs. proactive?

You can be both. Proactive things that have been great (caveat : so far) getting Fedde and making Crochet a starter.Bringing in Bannister. There are good things happening if people would stop focusing on the bad vs really bad 2024 team as if it was some kind of surprise. 

Too many people thinking all the roster churning is some big indictment of Getz . It just your normal rearrangement of minor pieces . Yes it sucks the guys who got hurt get hurt often because being healthy would've helped but they were untradeable before and they are still untradeable.

You want to say something about little pieces doing better in other places and ignore how well some of the trade acquisitions on the pitching side are flourishing in our system right now that's your prerogative .

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, tray said:

We are seeing a potential rotation begin to form with Crochet, Thorpe, Cannon and the possibility of a few more from the minors. We need a bullpen and that is easier said than done.

I would not trade any of the premier talent we have in the line-up (Robert, Eloy, Moncada, Vaughn, Lee), unless the return includes major league ready players that are proven hitters. No more trades for "prospects" that you wait years to develop and never pan out. Open the wallet and pay to keep most of the talent we have...then add to it. I'm just not in favor of tanking and just getting rid of players we may not like but are not easily replaced.

We’re actually not all that far off from having an intriguing rotation if we held onto Crochet and Fedde and Thorpe keeps dealing.  Problem is we’re so far away from having a competitive every day lineup.  Need a lot more than Robert and I’m not sure where it’s going to come from any time soon.  

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You can be both. Proactive things that have been great (caveat : so far) getting Fedde and making Crochet a starter.Bringing in Bannister. There are good things happening if people would stop focusing on the bad vs really bad 2024 team as if it was some kind of surprise. 

Too many people thinking all the roster churning is some big indictment of Getz . It just your normal rearrangement of minor pieces . Yes it sucks the guys who got hurt get hurt often because being healthy would've helped but they were untradeable before and they are still untradeable.

You want to say something about little pieces doing better in other places and ignore how well some of the trade acquisitions on the pitching side are flourishing in our system right now that's your prerogative .

Nobody is ignoring the reality...personally, like KW's philosophy of always giving them a 3 run homer or two even in a loss, baseball is much more fun when you have the first half 2006 offense than what we've been forced to watch the last two years.

Concern is much more on the future position player side, especially if Robert isn't traded and Crochet gets a return less than the Cease trade w/ SD.

On 6/7/2024 at 2:27 PM, bmags said:

I wouldn't read too much into that...cause it was mostly the lazy admins like me forgetting to approve since april. 😐

You made me wait.....for this???  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • TLR 1

On 6/13/2024 at 9:05 PM, southsider2k5 said:

Crochet has waited to extend this long, not sure why that would change unless the Sox get well into 9 figures.

Lee?  Maybe you could extend him, but he doesn't sound like a happy camper right now 

Crochet is also on pace to be one of the better SP in baseball this season. I think you can kiss the chances of a team friendly extension goodbye at this point.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Someone posted that those commercials are a cuckhold fantasy and now everytime I see one I can't unsee it. FML.

Here’s the one with the cuck husband.  His wife is about to pounce the Big Hurt.  Cracks me up every time.

”And trust me, she’ll like it too.”  Frank already knows…

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Haha 1

Back in the old days Robert would be mocked for his .175 batting average. Now? He's expected to bring back a ton of talent in the trade. Not to mention he gets hurt some. Yet the Sox are gonna acquire five studs for him. Interesting.

Striking out about 40 % of the time. Anyone who thinks Getz is gonna get a great package of prospects for him is disillusioned.  You know he wants to be traded.

28 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Striking out about 40 % of the time. Anyone who thinks Getz is gonna get a great package of prospects for him is disillusioned.  You know he wants to be traded.

It used to be we only had to worry about him staying healthy to maintain his trade value but now his performance is worrisome too. He’s striking out so much and his defense doesn’t rate all that well this season either. Move him ASAP before his trade value deteriorates further.

14 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

It used to be we only had to worry about him staying healthy to maintain his trade value but now his performance is worrisome too. He’s striking out so much and his defense doesn’t rate all that well this season either. Move him ASAP before his trade value deteriorates further.

He might be immovable right now. Nothing other teams would offer would be an acceptable package. 

5 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

He might be immovable right now. Nothing other teams would offer would be an acceptable package. 

What’s an acceptable package anyways? A couple 50/55 FV prospects and another 45 FV? He gone if I get an offer like that.

On 6/13/2024 at 9:05 PM, southsider2k5 said:

I think tray must’ve forgotten who the Sox owner is.

On 6/17/2024 at 1:00 PM, WhiteSox2023 said:

Here’s the one with the cuck husband.  His wife is about to pounce the Big Hurt.  Cracks me up every time.

”And trust me, she’ll like it too.”  Frank already knows…

Ha somehow I've never seen that one. Frank has a hole harem around him there, amazing.

22 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Their offer would suck. They couldn't get it done.

I don't think Ben Cherington nut hugs his prospects like the Baltimore GM but I could be wrong. 

2 hours ago, SoxAce said:

I don't think Ben Cherington nut hugs his prospects like the Baltimore GM but I could be wrong. 

I think on the other hand he has to be much more disciplined than even Elias because there will be such little budget wiggle room.