White Sox "actively seeking" packages for Robert

15 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am just going to say this outloud, there is a real chance that Robert never got back to 100%.

This goes back to the first groin injury Robert had a couple of seasons ago...or was it 3?

At any rate, he was only playing at about 75-80%, at best, and very hesitant about going anywhere near the wall.

Probably the same situation where they managed to bring him back 2-3 weeks too early and he never was 100% comfortable from a physical standpoint until the following season.

Obviously, this particular season's injury wasn't QUITE as serious as that one, which was a complete tear.

2 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Agreed. It’s going to keep the offers lower than what they want to move him for.

They need him to have a big time month. If he does that I think he gets moved, if he is meh, I think you hope he finishes the rest of the year strong and you deal him in the offseason. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

They need him to have a big time month. If he does that I think he gets moved, if he is meh, I think you hope he finishes the rest of the year strong and you deal him in the offseason. 

Yup

17 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think Phillies or Mariners are easily the two best fits for Robert and have front offices that are typically aggressive.

Robert to Seattle makes a ton of sense. They are desperate for a difference making bat and have the prospects to get it done. Robert's deal is probably very attractive to a cost conscious owner as well.

Luis Robert Jr. is a trade fit for these teams (mlb.com)

Here we have ten possible matches being suggested...

Some of these teams would certainly make a LOT of Sox fans upset...Phillies, Braves, Cubs, Royals, Dodgers, Cardinals, Orioles.

Doesn't look like the priority for BALT is going to be Robert though, with them needing to store their powder for starting pitching.

Surprised no Preller mentioned since in every trade discussion at this time of year, but limited financial resources this time around and Merrill's doing a really solid job in CF, you have Profar in LF and Tatis (when healthy again) in RF.   

Edited by caulfield12

7 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Robert to Seattle makes a ton of sense. They are desperate for a difference making bat and have the prospects to get it done. Robert's deal is probably very attractive to a cost conscious owner as well.

The ONLY thing that doesn't make sense is putting a premium on acquiring Robert when they already have a quite capable CFer in Rodriguez...BUT BUT BUT outfielders are a scarce resource (see attached article), wherever Luis ends up, it will improve the defense. and the Mariners are definitely at least ONE bat short at the present moment to hold off both HOU and Texas, with Scherzer now back, a return from J. Jung eventually and theoretically deGrom near the end of the season (of course, have to get there first.)

3 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I'm liking Dombrowski paying retail for Robert, just to get him. 

FIrst Wheeler, then Bryce, it only makes sense they would take Robert away too as a larger market team that's actually been acting like one for the last five years again...and with all kinds of resources flying into the team coming off a quite successful run in recent years.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2024 at 6:37 PM, southsider2k5 said:

I am just going to say this outloud, there is a real chance that Robert never got back to 100%.

Robert is not that big a deal like he was before. If you are a scout just talk to the fans. I could have bought a new car with that $52M. His hip will never be the same. Keep in mind our dangerous 1B line. He would be a nice part of the mix on a loaded team. Has zero personality assets to bring along.