White Sox "actively seeking" packages for Robert

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

Chris Getz making marquee trades frightens me. If he though this catastrophe would be competitive, I sure as hell can’t put any faith in his talent evaluation. 

This team is so fucked for the foreseeable future. 

Yeah, Chris Getz's idea of competent offense seems to be what Chris Getz was as a hitter, so this scares me

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

On the contrary, he should still be able to fetch a kings ransom so it makes sense to do it now. 

We need multiple Top 100 position players ASAP.

Robert's salaries are only going to escalate from here, so get as much value as you can.

They should still be able to get 3 Top 100s including one Top 10. 

I think you're delusional 3 top 100 picks with a top 10 among the 3 ? No chance in hell and you be the 1st one to say Getz fucked up when he doesn't get that.

The latest injury plus his upcoming salary has knocked his value to an all time low .

I don't have a clue what they will end up getting but it sure won't be what you said.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I think you're delusional 3 top 100 picks with a top 10 among the 3 ? No chance in hell and you be the 1st one to say Getz fucked up when he doesn't get that.

The latest injury plus his upcoming salary has knocked his value to an all time low .

I don't have a clue what they will end up getting but it sure won't be what you said.

He's an all star CF with double plus defense and double plus power under control for 3.5 years. They don't grow on trees.

You're damn right I'm going to shred Getz if he doesn't get 3 Top 100s including one Top 10.

If Robert has a strong month and a half and shows he's back, they absolutely need to get a massive return. 

If they get lowballed, then hold onto him till the offseason.

The return for Cease was approximately 44m SV. 

I want alot more than that. 

Alot more. Like about 70m SV.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

What is the point of trading Robert or GC who under team control for years? Getz makes no sense.

The "sense" is that this entire operation is going to suck for the next 3-5 years. Assuming JR is still around he won't pay those guys the market rate so you have no choice but to deal them.

That's the reality under JR.

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Like 2

They shouldn't be looking to build a 90 plus win team for 2026/27, they should be looking to build an 80 win team for 2025. The bar is so fucking low right now, most fans would salivate at an 80 to 82 win season. I know I would. Sue me, I'd like to at least watch competitive Baseball in what.....May? 

They should hang on to Robert, Crochet and spend a few goddamn dollars this off season on bats with an abundance of arms coming up soon. But no. Cheap bullshit reigns and half this fanbase is already so abused that they're welcoming trading off generational talent for prospects that probably will not develop here. Whoopdi fuckin do. I'm not buying in this time. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Man.. this franchise really did hit rock bottom. I can’t believe they are entertaining trading their best player. My question is, why on earth didn't they entertain offers during the winter? His value likely dropped because of the stupid injury. I’m assuming most teams will give lowball offers because of the injury. Getz can’t afford to screw this one up. He needs multiple bidders, perhaps 2-3 teams in the same division outbidding each other. 3 top 100 prospects shouldn’t be out of the question here. Definitely need 1 top 25 prospect back IMO to justify such move. 

Edited by GreatScott82

8 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

I was just arguing with someone on a different Sox board who said the Sox should be able to win 81 games in 2025. They must be smoking some good s%*# lol. 

They may not win 81 in 2024 and 25 combined. 

21 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

I was just arguing with someone on a different Sox board who said the Sox should be able to win 81 games in 2025. They must be smoking some good s%*# lol. 

A DIFFERENT SOX BOARD?!?

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 11
  • Fire 1
  • Paper Bag 1

28 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

They shouldn't be looking to build a 90 plus win team for 2026/27, they should be looking to build an 80 win team for 2025. The bar is so fucking low right now, most fans would salivate at an 80 to 82 win season. I know I would. Sue me, I'd like to at least watch competitive Baseball in what.....May? 

They should hang on to Robert, Crochet and spend a few goddamn dollars this off season on bats with an abundance of arms coming up soon. But no. Cheap bullshit reigns and half this fanbase is already so abused that they're welcoming trading off generational talent for prospects that probably will not develop here. Whoopdi fuckin do. I'm not buying in this time. 

With the pace this team is on that would be about a 40 game improvement, in 1 off season.  Yeah, no.  It's like me saying I should be adding a million dollars to me savings next year.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

With the pace this team is on that would be about a 40 game improvement, in 1 off season.  Yeah, no.  It's like me saying I should be adding a million dollars to me savings next year.

You need to be careful or you’re going to summon nardiwashere to tell you how ridiculous it is you don’t think the Sox can just sign a bunch of free agents and call up 5 guys and be a .500 team real soon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Getz will do the same he did with Cease. Ask for the first born son of the GMs around the league. He won’t get it, will get lowballed, and the league will wait him out.

Thankfully they control him for 3.5 more seasons. Getz has no reason whatsoever to accept a lowball. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

I think you mean 81 games by 2025.

4 minutes ago, T R U said:

You need to be careful or you’re going to summon nardiwashere to tell you how ridiculous it is you don’t think the Sox can just sign a bunch of free agents and call up 5 guys and be a .500 team real soon. 

This is exactly what the guy I'm arguing with is advocating. It's so unrealistic pie in the sky la la land stuff. 

Just now, baseball_gal_aly said:

This is exactly what the guy I'm arguing with is advocating. It's so unrealistic pie in the sky la la land stuff. 

You can make the argument this team will need new starters at C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CF, and RF next year along with 3-4 SP and an entire new bullpen. 

48 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Definitely feels like Robert to the Mariners for Emerson, Montes, and a good 3rd piece needs to happen.

It would be much more than this. I don’t think it happens because there are only a handful of teams capable of making the trade and I’m not sure those teams do it for 3.5 years of control. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

The "sense" is that this entire operation is going to suck for the next 3-5 years. Assuming JR is still around he won't pay those guys the market rate so you have no choice but to deal them.

That's the reality under JR.

Don’t have to trade them now for pennies on the dollar 

Posted (edited)

Smartest thing our stupid GM has chosen to do in awhile.  Sell him while he’s still healthy and has numerous years of control.  This is the only way the Sox have even close to a shot at filling all the holes in the lineup.  Hopefully Robert gets hotter than s%*# before the deadline.

And Jerry has his first non-blue pill boner for the first time in 40 years at the thought of cutting Robert’s contract.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Don’t have to trade them now for pennies on the dollar 

More years of control equals larger prospect return.  Robert is exciting when healthy, but I’ll pass on watching him have All-Star years on a losing team for the next three years.

Even so, the Sox traded a CF that had a career that Robert likely will never even sniff for a 1B whom everyone knows and loves.  That CF’s name was Mike Cameron.  Robert is too injury-prone just like our other two busts.

It appears Getz has realized what Sox fans already knew it.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, T R U said:

The Sox will only ever win with a bunch of young prospects that pan out, period.  At least until JR is gone.  He seethes with anger at the thought of these $500 million dollar player contracts.