White Sox "actively seeking" packages for Robert

I don't buy it. After getting fleeced for cease (current top 10 SP) I bet every team is making their low ball offers now.

3.5 years of a cheap all-star at his all time low value. Lets wait another season... unless a top 10 is offered.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

What I find annoying about this is it was a very good market to trade robert in last offseason compared to trying to trade Cease. There was plenty of pitching being made available, but long term hitting was scarce and Soto a side the FA hitting wasn't impressive. Was the opposite for pitching.

But even I balked given how much control we had. 

To now switch that up just a few months in is more poor decision making. 

Gonna be crazy watching Luis Robert in wrigley.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, bmags said:

What I find annoying about this is it was a very good market to trade robert in last offseason compared to trying to trade Cease. There was plenty of pitching being made available, but long term hitting was scarce and Soto a side the FA hitting wasn't impressive. Was the opposite for pitching.

But even I balked given how much control we had. 

To now switch that up just a few months in is more poor decision making. 

Gonna be crazy watching Luis Robert in wrigley.

I would trade Robert to the Cubs, gimme Cade Horton and some of those bats and I would love it.

12 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

On the contrary, he should still be able to fetch a kings ransom so it makes sense to do it now. 

We need multiple Top 100 position players ASAP.

Robert's salaries are only going to escalate from here, so get as much value as you can.

They should still be able to get 3 Top 100s including one Top 10. 

I actually doubt there is another club willing to part with anywhere near that much considering his injury history^ 

I am actrually on board with trading Robert Jr, Crochet, Fedde, Pham, DeJong, Kopech, Etc. as I think they need to blow this up and totally rebuild with a clean slate. 

• Like 1

It would absolutely make me sick if they traded him. Same with Crochet. 

However, since Getz is here it would make sense. Strip it down to the studs. He deserves his chance for a rebuild. Letting the last two idiots that failed miserably multiple times to put a team together rebuild this ballclub was the real mistake. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Baron said:

It would absolutely make me sick if they traded him. Same with Crochet. 

However, since Getz is here it would make sense. Strip it down to the studs. He deserves his chance for a rebuild. Letting the last two idiots that failed miserably multiple times to put a team together rebuild this ballclub was the real mistake. 

So the idiot that was supposed to create depth for that rebuild "deserves" a shot?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 2

5 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

I am actrually on board with trading Robert Jr, Crochet, Fedde, Pham, DeJong, Kopech, Etc. as I think they need to blow this up and totally rebuild with a clean slate. 

Since Preller is such a gunslinger of a GM, I say trade all of Robert Jr, Crochet, Fedde, Pham, DeJong and Kopech to San Diego for Salas, Merrill and Petco Park.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Quin said:

So the idiot that was supposed to create depth for that rebuild "deserves" a shot?

He's the General Manager now so yes. What's the other solution? He's not getting fired. 

1 minute ago, striker said:

I like the Cubs or Orioles for Robert. 
Cubs: Caissie plus one of Shaw/Alcantara

Orioles: Mayo, Beavers, Povich

Have the Cubs been mentioned for Robert?  I don’t really see the fit, as they’re more likely to upgrade corner infield and catching.

14 minutes ago, Baron said:

He's the General Manager now so yes. What's the other solution? He's not getting fired. 

Well, Idiot #3 was hired because he was supposed to be able to do this fast.

So, realistically, he deserves to be fired after this season. But since you're right that he's not going to be fired, he should actually try to build a winner.

I'm just irked at the notion that he deserves a shot at a rebuild, because that implies he wasn't a key factor in the last one failing.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Paper Bag 1

8 minutes ago, Quin said:

Well, Idiot #3 was hired because he was supposed to be able to do this fast.

So, realistically, he deserves to be fired after this season. But since you're right that he's not going to be fired, he should actually try to build a winner.

I'm just irked at the notion that he deserves a shot at a rebuild, because that implies he wasn't a key factor in the last one failing.

Yeah this season is so bad that you almost have to fire Getz and Grifol for optics. 

• Paper Bag 1

3 hours ago, Tomtom said:

If this team is going to pull a Phoenix and rise from the ashes it's going to have to start with getting top level scouts who can identify great talent. It seems every time the Sox are sellers they trade their best players and wind up with marginal talent who seem to flame out at the major league level.  Settling for Moncada over Devers is a prime example. Compare what the Sox have to the Yankees.  It seems everyone the Yankees draft or trade for ends up contributing in a large way - just the opposite of the Sox. When Cole went down I thought the Yanks were screwed, but then they come up with Gil, and Schmidt and Cortez.  Someone in NY knows talent.  We need people like that here.  Also, it wouldn't hurt to get coaches who could successfully develop that talent. So trade Robert, Crochet, Jimenez, Fedde, etc...but if what Getz gets back in return in just marginal layers, next year will be the same, as will the year after and the year after and the year after....and then at some point they will no longer have anything of value to trade.

They didn't settle for Moncada, Devers was never on the table. 

I call bull s%*#. Robert isn't going anywhere. His value has never been lower, you have 3.5 years of Robert, bad for optics with the s%*# being served up by this organization right now.

Build around Robert and crochet

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I like the Mariners but I don’t like who their headliner would be. 

Kjerstad + Mayo + Beavers makes a lot of sense for the Sox and I think would be about what I’d need to part with 3.5 years of Robert

Uh oh.  Fighting words.

4 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Y'all are taking the wrong lesson from the failed 2016-17 rebuild. 

They are competitive faster trading Robert and Crochet than keeping them. 

Do we think now that suddenly they will compliment a young core they get in return with 1st class free agents? They will not. It will be the same s%*#. 

13 minutes ago, Snopek said:

🤫 Sportsguy gonna bust in here like Kool-Aid man and start lecturing you.

4 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I like the Mariners but I don’t like who their headliner would be. 

Kjerstad + Mayo + Beavers makes a lot of sense for the Sox and I think would be about what I’d need to part with 3.5 years of Robert

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Uh oh.  Fighting words.

dfb5mgh-1e1614d3-6035-4bd0-a451-1a84ba578bde.png

"Learn how to read!  You'll get Chayce McDermott and only Chayce McDermott and you'll like it!"

• Haha 1