White Sox "actively seeking" packages for Robert

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

Its defending him to point out he isn't getting fired after less than a season of being hired? 

Why is that a ridiculous notion?  His offseason was as epically bad as the Sox now are.  He is going to set a record with this team that should have been unattainable.  A random fan off the street could have had a better offseason than Getz did.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

The mob smugly assuring us we're 8-10 years away from anything are the same people screaming that signing Michael A. Taylor, Amed Rosario, Frankie Montas and a couple better relievers would have had this team "competitive" this season. 

"The mob" hahahahahahaha

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

Its defending him to point out he isn't getting fired after less than a season of being hired? 

After he's been with the org for 7 seasons and mostly failed for 6.5 of them, yes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

Just now, Quin said:

After he's been with the org for 7 seasons and mostly failed for 6.5 of them, yes.

It's funny how he hasn't developed anything, but as soon as he's put in charge, 2 of our minor league teams are ranked in the top 5 of all affiliated minor league teams in organized baseball. And our pitching development is beginning to be recognized by national guys. 

I guess it's fun to flog a meme. Paying attention to reality developing right before your eyes is a little harder. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I was thinking about this yesterday. In 1970 the Sox lost 106 games, the very next year they went 79-83, one of the biggest turnarounds from one season to the next in baseball history.

Both Roland Hemond and Chuck Tanner told me the basic philosophy was, 'we'll trade a good player we have (Aparicio, Berry) for two players you have.' 

The Sox were getting back solid major league players (Andrews, Alvarado, Kelly, Reichardt, Johnstone, Egan, Bradley).

Like I was told they weren't superstars but they were solid players that gave the Sox depth and experience.

But times have changed, would Seattle give the Sox say three of the guys on their big league roster for Robert? Would the Padres give the Sox two of the guys on their big league roster for Crochet?

I don't see how that would be possible.

I just don't see how the Sox could turn things around so dramatically in a single season like you do. 

Without getting to the mountain of changes that has happened in the last 54 years of baseball "competitiveness", this 2024 White Sox team is on pace to be 18 games WORSE than the one you are describing.

2 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Oh, okay. Sorry. You and your sockpuppet, 2023. 

The hilarious thing is you have no idea what you are talking about, and the reason I know that is because I know how many times I have suspended and banned the guy over the years.  But you keep chasing your windmills buddy.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Without getting to the mountain of changes that has happened in the last 54 years of baseball "competitiveness", this 2024 White Sox team is on pace to be 18 games WORSE than the one you are describing.

As I wrote I don't see how it is possible to turn things around in one season. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

You are probably right in your underlying assumption here, but not for a good reason.  We would rather stand behind the wrong move as an organization than to fix the move and look bad because of it.  Short of Chris Getz signing Juan Soto to a half billion dollar contract, there probably isn't much he can do to get fired for a number of years.

9 minutes ago, GGajewski18 said:

No, there's a difference.  Next year, Colson at the AS break will have 5.5 years of control.  

Crochet has 2.5 years remaining, first time starting, and probably won't resign.

Robert has 3.5 years remaining, consistently hurt and will bring back a ton.  Also, has Boras as his agent, so he won't resign.

It's quite simple logic actually, especially with the loser Reinsdorf owning this team.

Right.....I said people would suggest it not that it should be done. 

Just now, Lip Man 1 said:

As I wrote I don't see how it is possible to turn things around in one season. 

I agree.  But saying it the "can is flying into next decade" is absurd. 

That's a minimum of four offseasons and five trade deadlines and 5 drafts. 

You could start an expansion team from scratch and and beat that.  

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

The mob smugly assuring us we're 8-10 years away from anything are the same people screaming that signing Michael A. Taylor, Amed Rosario, Frankie Montas and a couple better relievers would have had this team "competitive" this season. 

Amazing how you b1tch and moan about people misrepresenting your past posts and then you come up with this pile of sh1t post that is a complete and utter lie.

No one ever said those players would make the Sox competitive this season.  People wanted to acquire guys like that solely to serve as flip candidates.

Now why don’t you update us on the no shutout streak stat again?

🤡

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

Amazing how you b1tch and moan about people misrepresenting your past posts and then you come up with this pile of sh1t post that is a complete and utter lie.

No one ever said those players would make the Sox competitive this season.  People wanted to acquire guys like that solely to serve as flip candidates.

Now why don’t you update us on the no shutout streak stat again?

🤡

We've lost 14 in a row, setting the ALL TIME FRANCHISE RECORD.

But how many times have we been shut out this month? Zero.

Checkmate haters.

• Haha 4
  • Fire 1
  • Paper Bag 1

4 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

It's funny how he hasn't developed anything, but as soon as he's put in charge, 2 of our minor league teams are ranked in the top 5 of all affiliated minor league teams in organized baseball. And our pitching development is beginning to be recognized by national guys. 

I guess it's fun to flog a meme. Paying attention to reality developing right before your eyes is a little harder. 

Trading to get talent into the system isn't the same as getting the talent you drafted and signed internationally to be major league ready.  I would expect someone paying attention to reality to get it.  Six of our top 10 guys are here because the major league club failed enough that we traded the major league guys to add to the system. Of course had Getz been better at his last job, we would have had guys to plug into the major league failure and maybe the rebuild doesn't happen.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Do we think now that suddenly they will compliment a young core they get in return with 1st class free agents? They will not. It will be the same s%*#. 

Do you think they have any shot of competing between now and 2027?

They're not going to supplement Robert/Crochet either. 

Edited by baseball_gal_aly
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

We've lost 14 in a row, setting the ALL TIME FRANCHISE RECORD.

But how many times have we been shut out this month? Zero.

Checkmate haters.

Amazing how someone can’t see the forest for the trees.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Do you think they have any shot of competing between now and 2027?

They're not going to supplement Robert/Crochet either. 

Signing some free agents and mixing them with young prospects to get to 80 - 85 wins is more likely then rebuilding and coming up with a consistently winning team in 2028. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional. 

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Trading to get talent into the system isn't the same as getting the talent you drafted and signed internationally to be major league ready.  I would expect someone paying attention to reality to get it.  Six of our top 10 guys are here because the major league club failed enough that we traded the major league guys to add to the system. Of course had Getz been better at his last job, we would have had guys to plug into the major league failure and maybe the rebuild doesn't happen.

There's an entire string where I explain how Getz made our minor league development better, and you guys hid it because it blew your narrative out of the water. I believe you guys even named it "String Which WestEddy Ruined by Being Smarter Than Us". 

You're going to play the game of pretending that the minor league director is responsible for every single move the organization made in the last 7 years, but somehow, any successes that actually happened have nothing to do with him? Give us all a break.  

Had the White Sox drafted better in the 5 years before Mike Shirley, had they not rushed every 1st rounder, had the previous GM and VP been more forceful in embracing statistical analysis and the skills lab concept, had the previous GM and VP relied on better scouting at the major league, international and amateur levels, then, yes, maybe we're not in a rebuild right now. 

1 minute ago, WestEddy said:

There's an entire string where I explain how Getz made our minor league development better, and you guys hid it because it blew your narrative out of the water. I believe you guys even named it "String Which WestEddy Ruined by Being Smarter Than Us". 

You're going to play the game of pretending that the minor league director is responsible for every single move the organization made in the last 7 years, but somehow, any successes that actually happened have nothing to do with him? Give us all a break.  

Had the White Sox drafted better in the 5 years before Mike Shirley, had they not rushed every 1st rounder, had the previous GM and VP been more forceful in embracing statistical analysis and the skills lab concept, had the previous GM and VP relied on better scouting at the major league, international and amateur levels, then, yes, maybe we're not in a rebuild right now. 

That's it, let it all out. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

29 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I'm not sure how many times this needs to be brought up, but when you have two good MLB players it's not impressive to have a nice AA roster.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

37 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

It is June of 2024. Robert is only signed through 2027. This org doesn't even have foundational pieces that you could dream on being Major League players by the time Robert's deal is up. There is zero path with the way this org operates that they will be a competitive team again with Robert still under contract.

That's 3 full seasons man, that's a ton. In 2020, we would have been laughing at you if you said in 3 years we'd be a 100 loss team.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'm not sure how many times this needs to be brought up, but when you have two good MLB players it's not impressive to have a nice AA roster.

I'll let you in on a secret: A rebuild kind of depends on it. 

Don't tell anyone.