White Sox "actively seeking" packages for Robert

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

“Here’s all the bad Tier 3 free agents the Sox wasted their money on rather than reeling in a Harper or Machado and Wheeler…”

Calling Grandal and Hendriks "tier 3" is stupid. I'm sure you can make a point without looking like a circus clown. 

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

2027 is a long way away. An eternity in baseball years. Saying this is just doom and gloom or younger folks speaking. 

We lost about 15 projected WAR just losing the #1 pick next year and dropping to 10. The new rules, that I'm sure dipshit JR helped create, just fucked us hard. Super hard. Teams this bad always prior would get a guaranteed lock starter at worst (9/10) out of that 1,1 spot. We just got buggered raw.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

9 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Well if we get an owner willing to speculatively spend and arguably the best GM in the game over the last 20 years, we'll have a shot!

And they actually had Dombrowski as assistant GM (hired by Veeck, retained by JR) in the early 80s. But Hawk got rid of him during his one-year as GM in '86.

• Love 1
  • Hawk 1

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Wow, that is an interesting tidbit, thanks.

That is.  Another interesting tidbit that is sometimes forgotten about like that one is that Terry Francona started his coaching career in the Sox minor leagues.  @Lip Man 1 has all the Sox trivia posts to learn from.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, waltwilliams said:

The Tigers went from 119 losses in 2003 to 95 wins and a World Series appearance in 2006. Granted, they had Dave Dombrowski as their GM, but still ...

And we have... Chris Getz.

• Paper Bag 3

11 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

We lost about 15 projected WAR just losing the #1 pick next year and dropping to 10. The new rules, that I'm sure dipshit JR helped create, just fucked us hard. Super hard. Teams this bad always prior would get a guaranteed lock starter at worst (9/10) out of that 1,1 spot. We just got buggered raw.

Our last couple drafts looking solid so far. While that 1.1 is nice, baseball is won by hitting on a handful of players per draft in some capacity.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

That is.  Another interesting tidbit that is sometimes forgotten about like that one is that Terry Francona started his coaching career in the Sox minor leagues.  @Lip Man 1 has all the Sox trivia posts to learn from.

Very true. Dombrowski was hired as an intern and Roland Hemond quickly saw his potential. He moved up in the front office. When Hawk took over, given that Dave was Roland's protegee, he fired him.

I'm guessing Hawk just wanted his own people in all positions.

This is from the chapter I wrote on Hawk's tenure for Dr. Fletcher's next White Sox book:

"Hemond protegee Dave Dombrowski, who was an administrative assistant, was let go because of philosophical differences. (Dombrowski would go on to a stellar front office career with Montreal, Florida, Detroit, Boston and Philadelphia making the World Series five times, winning twice)."

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Our last couple drafts looking solid so far. While that 1.1 is nice, baseball is won by hitting on a handful of players per draft in some capacity.

Sure but the 1,1 is basically a cheat code to get a guaranteed good draft right off the bat in your rebuild. It's one of my go to OOTP strategies and it plays out well IRL too as seen with the Astros. The Sox' inability to tank into that spot in at least one of the rebuild years was regrettable.

9 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Sadly I saw our last new member joined in April. The lack of enthusiasm for talking about this club is a bummer.

I wouldn't read too much into that...cause it was mostly the lazy admins like me forgetting to approve since april. 😐

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

43 years as the Sox owner, setting clear spending patterns on what he will and will not do. We've had an all time high of 75 million dollars, for a FA contract.

But I'm sure at age 88, he's going to completely change that, because 'advisors'.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 3

23 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Very true. Dombrowski was hired as an intern and Roland Hemond quickly saw his potential. He moved up in the front office. When Hawk took over, given that Dave was Roland's protegee, he fired him.

I'm guessing Hawk just wanted his own people in all positions.

This is from the chapter I wrote on Hawk's tenure for Dr. Fletcher's next White Sox book:

"Hemond protegee Dave Dombrowski, who was an administrative assistant, was let go because of philosophical differences. (Dombrowski would go on to a stellar front office career with Montreal, Florida, Detroit, Boston and Philadelphia making the World Series five times, winning twice)."

Hawk wanted only former players.

2 hours ago, Chisoxmb35 said:

They didn't settle for Moncada, Devers was never on the table. 

I heard that the Sox wanted Devers but the Red Sox said no.  They should have stuck to their guns and said "no Devers, no Sale!

• Like 1

Apparently Robert is blocking a lot of White Sox fans on twitter, including myself lol and I have never tweeted at him or of him.

He also sent out a tweet saying "Be patient.  Better things are coming"

• Like 2

Just now, GGajewski18 said:

Apparently Robert is blocking a lot of White Sox fans on twitter, including myself lol and I have never tweeted at him or of him.

If there is one thing I'd be happy about seeing him leave it's that a player like that doesn't deserve this.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, GGajewski18 said:

Maybe he knows he’s getting traded to a contender?  Better things for him are coming.  🤣

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 2