6/7 Games

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Likey a bench guy.  Maybe a low impact 2B on a non contending team.  

He certainly has the eye, frame and LH power to be more than that. He hasn't hit many homers, but some of the ones he has hit have been bombs. I'd like to see him open his hips more, but he's obviously okay with making adjustments. 

This post made me think of 2b with decent power that were obp machines, so I looked up Brian Giles' stats. In 2000, he hit 315/35/123, 1.026 OPS, 135bb/74k. He finished 19th in MVP voting. ? The steroid era was just stupid. 

He had a career 1183bb/835k with a .902 OPS and only made 2 AS teams in 15 years.  

Edited by TaylorStSox

2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Marcus Giles was a 2B. Brian Giles was an OF and they both had a little help.  ?

I know. I just looked up both because I couldn't remember which was which and Brian's career stats and lack of AS games really stuck out to me. I should have explained it better. 

7 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Likey a bench guy.  Maybe a low impact 2B on a non contending team.  

I think that is his floor. His ceiling is Robin Ventura with a few less bombs.

I don't think it's crazy to think Gonzalez can end up on the Bryson Stott, Nico Hoerner, Thairo Estrada, etc spectrum. That's not franchise altering but that type of outcome would make him the best 2nd basemen the Sox have had since Ray Durham.

Posted (edited)

I would go Thorpe, Taylor, Iriarte, Bush, Eder, Adams, Cannon, Nastrini, Aldrin Batista, McDougal, Keener, Pallette, Carela, Burke, Schweitzer.

Bullpen… maybe Adler, Coffey, AHT, Cousin, Berroa, Luna, Dalquist?

Edited by Timmy U
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Backwash07 said:

After Schultz, how would you rank a rest of top 5 pitchers in our minor leagues two months into the season? 

Schultz, Thorpe, Taylor, Iriarte, Bush probably 

• Like 1