June 7th. BoSox vs Crochet. Streak-Ender.

I did this last year and actually won a couple games.

Attendance will improve, because many scouts will be at game watching our stud lefty. I hope they leave him in a bit longer.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I think this is as close to a lock the Sox will get for a win. Boston coming off 23 hits, Sox have their best pitcher....

Agreed, which means it will be another blowout, cuz baseball.

18 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I think this is as close to a lock the Sox will get for a win. Boston coming off 23 hits, Sox have their best pitcher....

Yep. This one is Chicago's. Time to Bet.The.House or at least the shed.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

You don’t think a .733 OPS is good enough from a lefty “power” bat?

.2 fWAR! In over 1100 PA he's now up to -.7 fWAR! I'll say he's done a good job at least turning himself into a capable backup. A guy that you could carry on a decent team as a the backup 1B and RF with a balanced roster and that you'd start against RHP a few time a week to rest a regular. He has a 119 wRC+ against RHP this year. You can carry that guy as a backup even with limited defensive value, if any.

But we insist on playing him every day and shoehorn him into RF instead of just playing the guys that are actually capable of contributing to the next good Sox team at their primary position.

Even the Yankees aren't immune to trying to force a guy's bat into the lineup as we saw with Judge's adventures in LF last night. But it's Aaron FUCKING JUDGE!

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

.2 fWAR! In over 1100 PA he's now up to -.7 fWAR! I'll say he's done a good job at least turning himself into a capable backup. A guy that you could carry on a decent team as a the backup 1B and RF with a balanced roster and that you'd start against RHP a few time a week to rest a regular. He has a 119 wRC+ against RHP this year. You can carry that guy as a backup even with limited defensive value, if any.

But we insist on playing him every day and shoehorn him into RF instead of just playing the guys that are actually capable of contributing to the next good Sox team at their primary position.

Even the Yankees aren't immune to trying to force a guy's bat into the lineup as we saw with Judge's adventures in LF last night. But it's Aaron FUCKING JUDGE!

Most of this. Sheets is a good lefty bench bat. I think he's getting PAs to get him scouted, maybe even foster a bit of a breakout, if there's one left in there. 

Judge is a slightly better than average CF. Shouldn't he be able to play left?

Just now, WestEddy said:

Most of this. Sheets is a good lefty bench bat. I think he's getting PAs to get him scouted, maybe even foster a bit of a breakout, if there's one left in there. 

Judge is a slightly better than average CF. Shouldn't he be able to play left?

No, not at an MLB level when he's out there once a year. The fungos that you're taking in CF can't possibly prepare you, even an MLB level athlete, for balls slicing into the corners. The play Judge misplayed was a mile high drive right into the corner, without experience in warmups and nightly that's going to be a tough play playing out of position.

Similar play happened with Sheets the other day when he was back at 1B. Just misjudged the spin. It happens.

• Thanks 1