June 7th. BoSox vs Crochet. Streak-Ender.

14 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Chicago Tribune Opinion piece title tomorrow:

I thought 14 White Sox losses in a row was rock bottom. Then I listened to John Schriffen flirting with a teen gymnast. 

With lime green fingernails that were 3 inches long.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Chicago Tribune Opinion piece title tomorrow:

I thought 14 White Sox losses in a row was rock bottom. Then I listened to John Schriffen flirting with a teen gymnast. 

9 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I muted it, as he actually doing that? Yikes.

8 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

I was not listening but omfg if he really did that

Not at all, he was just doing the interview. Plenty of reasons to not care for Schriffen as a broadcaster, but this is kind of a lame thing to just throw out there.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

that's a fireable offense, don't think i've ever seen a coach appeal to 1B when a runner is at 3rd, that's just insanely stupid

Why is it stupid ,? The runner missed 1st base and advanced to 3rd on the wild throw . If the replay showed Grifol the runner missed 1st you appeal it to get the runner at 3 who is now at 3rx off the bases. The problem was the execution. You have to make sure the runner at 3rd is not getting a big lead when you throw it to 1st and you have to make a firm accurate throw. The throw which should be routine was on the foul side of 1st base . Vaughn missed it so he either wasn't aware there was an Appeal play on or he just whiffed on the throw. Too hard to tell by every replay of the appeal . Basically terrible execution but the decision to appeal was sound.

• Thanks 1

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Personally I don't care if she was the Queen of England. Or King for that fucking matter. Call the game. Keep the guests to the charity stuff not NIL. 

We better get an interview with Cream Abdul Jabbar though.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Schriffen is weirder than I thought 

I think he and Stoney deserve a break. They interviewed a female gymast from Bolingbrook. The questions were fine. Nothing inappropriate at all. We got to give the new announcer a break.  ... DeJong is an OK player. He passes the eye test.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Personally I don't care if she was the Queen of England. Or King for that fucking matter. Call the game. Keep the guests to the charity stuff not NIL. 

LOL you did ask why an MSU athlete was being interviewed. I gave you the answer.

Geez, somebody got hit in the head with a bottle in the first row they said. That's inexcusable behavior by the bottle throwing fan. Cmon people.

Just now, greg775 said:

I think he and Stoney deserve a break. They interviewed a female gymast from Bolingbrook. The questions were fine. Nothing inappropriate at all. We got to give the new announcer a break.  ... DeJong is an OK player. He passes the eye test.

feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-male.