June 7th. BoSox vs Crochet. Streak-Ender.

48 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

It's going to REALLY suck if they manage to snatch Crochet's victory from him after how well he's pitched recently.

Just because it was Jonathan Cannon of all pitchers turn to throw today...so let's just throw him into what will quickly be a high lever situation (self-induced).

Doesn't make much of a difference though does it ?

They're looking for someone to stop the 7th and 8th inning bloodbaths and the BP was gassed.

Keller got released.Woodford DFA . Barlow will probably get a turn too if Wilson is back soon and they send Cannon back down.

57 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

It's going to REALLY suck if they manage to snatch Crochet's victory from him after how well he's pitched recently.

Just because it was Jonathan Cannon of all pitchers turn to throw today...so let's just throw him into what will quickly be a high lever situation (self-induced).

#1 the pen is gassed.

#2 who out of the pen has shown they should be there instead?

28 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Garrett Crochet has a winning record on a team projected to lose 120 games

Very curious what a Crochet and Robert package deal could return, if any GM has the balls and prospects to make it happen, assuming Crochet doesn’t hit the wall at some point.

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

Very curious what a Crochet and Robert package deal could return, if any GM has the balls and prospects to make it happen, assuming Crochet doesn’t hit the wall at some point.

According to some if Robert is getting us 3 top 100 picks with one of them being a Top 10 there would be no need to package Crochet with him. 😆

4 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

4-5 Top 100s.

8 hours ago, oldsox said:

I did this last year and actually won a couple games.

Attendance will improve, because many scouts will be at game watching our stud lefty. I hope they leave him in a bit longer.

Good call with the title. On the hook for tomorrow. Let's see you make it 2 in a row.

18 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Phillies, Orioles, and Padres are probably the only teams that could pull it off. 

Baltimore is too tight.

Dombrowski and Preller though are actually the types that could do something in a dance.

29 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

According to some if Robert is getting us 3 top 100 picks with one of them being a Top 10 there would be no need to package Crochet with him. 😆

If you don't get offered at least that for Robert with 3.5 years of control, why would you trade him?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

If you don't get offered at least that for Robert with 3.5 years of control, why would you trade him?

Why would you get that for a guy who can't stay healthy and has played over 100 games only once in his career and 2 of those 3.5 years he's slated to be paid $40M and the total left for those 3.5 yrs is $60M ?

Also he only has played somewhere around 50 % of all possible games because of injuries. Who exactly is going to ante up that much for that ? 3 top 100s including a Top 10 prospect in the game plus $60M . That's a big payout for a guy whose potential has suffered greatly because of health.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

3 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:
Mark Buehrle just said on the broadcast that he told Jerry Reinsdorf what the Marlins offer was before he signed there and that he would take less to stay with the Sox. And they still let him go.

Disgusting. Disgusting! I am furious. ... You know why? Mark B was like a pitching coach/player. Watching him work FAST and furious, challenging hitters quickly, rubbed off on other members of the staff. Also his "I don't give a damn about baseball" attitude was glorious in the clubhouse. Mark didn't want baseball, didn't need baseball as he was a good ol boy who never got to pitch for his beloved Cardinals. He did a job for chicago and did it well. He should have retired as a WHITE SOX! I saw the TV interview, not radio. The TV interview wasn't as good but Mark again showed his I don't care attitude. One of my fave Sox ever. Opposite of a human rain delay. Mr 2:05.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-male.

They weren't creepy. Obviously somebody told the two to have her in the booth a half inning. And frankly they understandably were out of questions after a good amount of interview time. They covered a lot of ground with her and none of it was improper or creepy. Give them a break. They get a female gymnastics star thrown in the booth (we don't know if they had much time to prepare or not) and had to interview her. They both did fine. They were professional IMO. Geez.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 3

SoxMachine on Cannon's focus at Charlotte:

https://soxmachine.com/2024/06/pregame-notes-garrett-crochet-ventures-into-uncharted-territory/

Jonathan Cannon held right-handed hitters to a .452 OPS in his first major league stint, whereas lefties somehow hit .517/.548/.897 against him. So yeah, that was sort of the focus upon the young sinkerballer’s return to Charlotte. He ran up a 6.43 ERA in Charlotte after being sent down at the start of May, completing six innings once, but it sounds like there was a decent amount of knob-fiddling going on at Triple-A

“The biggest thing for me working on was really attacking lefties,” Cannon said. “Coming up with a better gameplan and executing that gameplan. That was sort of my biggest struggle up here was getting those lefties out. I was able to work on some pitch design stuff, iron some things out. I feel good where I’m at right now.”

6 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

It's a bit over the top but IDC .I like homer announcers . His enthusiasm is kind of refreshing . Nothing wrong with having a positive attitude about a win.

He’s fake though.  And disrespectful. The real problem