Southside Stand Up!

hi8is

Southside Stand Up!  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the call when we win?

• Hell yes!
    • f*** no!

3 hours ago, WestEddy said:

Jim Croce said it's the baddest part of town.

I can't remember the last Sox TV announcer I disliked. Why should they bother me if they entertain me or inform me ? Life is too short to cry over so many things.  Back to the ashram ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I like it if the team is decent. I think it's a bit inappropriate when the team is bad, although after 14 losses in a row, I was fine with it. Sort of like a hitter celebrating a bloop hit after an 0-25 streak.

Agree.

If our record was reversed 48-16, I don’t think anyone would have a problem with SSSU.I Corny - but most/all announcer catchphrases kinda are.

Im on record as not having a major issue with this guy, but he is definitely over the top about some pretty inane stuff..

I was watching the AKC Agility Challenge this morning, and if the Sox gig doesn’t work out, it would be a perfect landing spot for Schriffen.

2 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

Agree.

If our record was reversed 48-16, I don’t think anyone would have a problem with SSSU.I Corny - but most/all announcer catchphrases kinda are.

Im on record as not having a major issue with this guy, but he is definitely over the top about some pretty inane stuff..

I was watching the AKC Agility Challenge this morning, and if the Sox gig doesn’t work out, it would be a perfect landing spot for Schriffen.

He'd be great at the Nathan's hot dog eating contest.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I can't remember the last Sox TV announcer I disliked. Why should they bother me if they entertain me or inform me ? Life is too short to cry over so many things.  Back to the ashram ?

For the record, I am with you.  It is such an unimportant thing.

• Like 1

The call is fine... he just needs to stop getting excited for EVERY. SINGLE. THING. that happens on the field. How he can't figure out the difference between a pop-out from a HR yet blows my mind. I'm hoping he's a one-and-done with the new network deal. Massively under-qualified individual compared to some of the other talent out there.

• Like 1
  • Paper Bag 1

8 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I do appreciate the home town point of view. After getting a stay diet of the other teams announcing, I'll take any Sox announcer. 

Not for the most kick ass color work, it's the game threads by a mile. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

He'd be great at the Nathan's hot dog eating contest.

Especially as the long time Japanese champion had to retire recently because he'd lost almost all taste sensation in his mouth.

Wide folks competition now folks!

9 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

There haven’t been any bad ones until now. And stop crying about crying.

8 hours ago, Chick Mercedes said:

By way of New York?…..

White Sox point of view. It can originate anywhere geographically. 

I'd rather hear "the Sox need to score two here" over "The Giants need to stop this rally".