June 8th. Game 2 of Winning Streak. Nastrini's turn to Stand Up.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Nastrini 93 and no control, let alone command. I never thought Cannon would have better stuff than Nick.

Yea, was just thinking the same. Nastrini has no shot if he can't spot his pitches better. his stuff is mediocre at best.

Nastrini has the chance to grab a spot before the wave of guys behind him, but they’re coming fast. Schultz, Taylor, Thorpe, Iriarte, Bush, Eder, and Adams all have a chance to compete with Nastrini, Cannon, Burke, and Davis Martin as early as next year. Gonna be interesting to see who excels.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Timmy U said:

Nastrini has the chance to grab a spot before the wave of guys behind him, but they’re coming fast. Schultz, Taylor, Thorpe, Iriarte, Bush, Eder, and Adams all have a chance to compete with Nastrini, Cannon, Burke, and Davis Martin as early as next year. Gonna be interesting to see who excels.

He'll be an afterthought next year, hopefully. He has nothing that suggests a future starter or even bullpen guy. Maybe he'll find something but right now nah.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He'll be an afterthought next year, hopefully. He has nothing that suggests a future starter or even bullpen guy. Maybe he'll find something but right now nah.

I think he might have a chance if his stuff plays up in the pen but he has nowhere near the control necessary to be a starter. 

10 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Yeah. That’s kind of what I was saying. He has a golden opportunity, but if doesn’t seize it, there are a million guys nipping at his heels.

2 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Yeah. That’s kind of what I was saying. He has a golden opportunity, but if doesn’t seize it, there are a million guys nipping at his heels.

Lance Lynn sucked last year. The fact that both guys even made the majors from that trade is a win. 

Nastrini was 93-95 in the first, 91 now. Mediocre control. Looking more and more like a reliever. I thought he had turned a corner near the end of last year. I was wrong.