June 8th. Game 2 of Winning Streak. Nastrini's turn to Stand Up.

6 minutes ago, almagest said:

Hawk gonna sue

I give him permission to tap into all the "Hey! Hey!", "Holy Mackerel", and "Holy Cow!" HR calls, too. At this point, they should all be Chicagoisms. 

• Haha 1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, WestEddy said:

I give him permission to tap into all the "Hey! Hey!", "Holy Mackerel", and "Holy Cow!" HR calls, too. At this point, they should all be Chicagoisms. 

Keep him away from “Light it up!”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Much better booth interview today than either Buehrle or the Bolingbrook gymnast. Some kind soul has donated millions of dollars to Sox charities and it's going toward pancreatic cancer research and caring for patients with terminal diagnoses. A really awful disease, chances are we all know somebody who has fought this. At least this organization can do a little bit of good. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

DeLoach is kind of a troll. I love it. First that flyout he refused to get out of the way of, now that calling of a timeout with 1 second on the pitch clock, causing Bello to kick the ball and maybe eventually give up 5 runs, that's going to happen soon, right?

That Oscar/Deloach flyball reminds me of last season. Luis would call off the other outfielders every single time he had a slight chance of catching the ball; and his teammates were never happy about it, especially Oscar. Big Boy Colas gets the start in CF, so he's going to emulate the bad habits of LuBoba last year and DeLoach apparently wasn't happy about it. I guess if the CF calls for it, you should back off, but Colas is such a moron and not a CF that I'm not sure I'd let him call me off either. I wish Colas had an IQ above 70, he might be a good player.

Sheets grand slam, DeJong will hit a home run later apparently, Kopech will maintain his 10 BB/9 rate, good game, time to go dig some holes. 

Edited by nrockway
  • Like 1

I like how the Red Sox announcer was talking about what a terrible organization this is (on that Crochet move to first), then the terrible organization he works for loses two in a row to that garbage team. Hilarious. He knows who his boss is, right? He knows about his other sports-related endeavors, right? That his boss is just about the only guy worse than Reinsdorf? What an asshole. I hope the Red Sox never make the playoffs again, somehow that team is even more unlikeable than the Yankees are. 

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Yeah right.  He’s either trolling or that’s a blunt instead of a cigar.

I dunno why people upload these videos of themselves and post it on youtube or twitter or whatever. Have they never heard of a message board (ie soxtalk)? Or are they illiterate? I think it's both, sometimes I think I'm reading dumb comments on message boards, then I remember that the majority of Chicago sports fans never actually learned how to read or write. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Vaughn's death march towards AAA continues. I don't know how you keep trotting him out there now that we have options in RF and Sheets can be the everday 1B.

Whatever they do, a good organization with standards has a specific plan very soon to do something different. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, nrockway said:

I like how the Red Sox announcer was talking about what a terrible organization this is (on that Crochet move to first), then the terrible organization he works for loses two in a row to that garbage team. Hilarious. He knows who his boss is, right? He knows about his other sports-related endeavors, right? That his boss is just about the only guy worse than Reinsdorf? What an asshole. I hope the Red Sox never make the playoffs again, somehow that team is even more unlikeable than the Yankees are. 

You had me until someone was called worse than Reinsdorf. And I would like a .500 ish record right now tbh.

Edited by Chick Mercedes
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

You had me until someone was called worse than Reinsdorf. And I would like a .500 ish record right now tbh.

Henry is fucking things up on two continents! Reinsdorf wishes!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Thanks Greg, impeccable timing

Not sure how we won this one. My bad. I think being at home you'll run into some wins against teams not so great on the road.

8 hours ago, WestEddy said:

I wonder if they talk to him about that. Throwing the glove, making the face, every hit. 

If this was the NFL he's get 15 yards marched off.  But I like his stuff and control of it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, nrockway said:

The Carmines ( Bruins and Pats too) and their fans (obnoxious people) have been unlikable for decades, they should give Boston and Plymouth Rock back to the British Empire.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Gavin hits a slam, Bello does a Ted Lilly baby rant and tosses his glove on the ground, next we get a "Put it on the board" home run call.  🤣 

Winning is fun and fun is winning

Edited by Falstaff
typo
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

The Carmines ( Bruins and Pats too) and their fans (obnoxious people) have been unlikable for decades, they should give Boston and Plymouth Rock back to the British Empire.

While I agree about the arrogance it comes with good reason...Boston teams win...a lot.

Would be nice if Chicago teams could follow that example set over 25 years or so. 

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

While I agree about the arrogance it comes with good reason...Boston teams win...a lot.

Would be nice if Chicago teams could follow that example set over 25 years or so. 

You know what’s sort of funny, the best friend I’ve had in my 30 years in Florida is from Boston. Great guy, when the White Sox won it all in 2005 he special ordered for me a dozen Titleist Pro V 1 golf balls with the White Sox World Series Championship logo with my name also on them. 

Edited by The Mighty Mite