Brooks Baldwin

Johno

So is Brooks Baldwin a true prospect for the White Sox?   I ask because his name is seldom mentioned when top White Sox prospects are discussed.   His stats in Double A are very impressive!!!

That he can play a competent SS and still hits makes him "one of a group of shortstops" in our system, as opposed to organizational filler. 

So, yeah, he's a prospect until he can't hit. 

On 6/8/2024 at 8:46 PM, Timmy U said:

I think Baldwin is a prospect. I would put him #10 in the system. Sox management is very high on him. But national prospect guys are not that high on him. He's in the 20s on most lists.

Prob cuz he was not drafted high.  Stigma attached. Face it, if Colson had his offensive numbers, he would be off the chart. It will be interesting to see how Sox manage their three mid infield prospects next year.

• Like 1

He feels like the kind of guy who will get a small sample size in the MLB for the Sox only to be replaced by someone with a higher ceiling. They then trade him to another team in the off-season and he goes on to have a solid-to-good career.

Everything I read about Baldwin sounds like the kind of guy that Getz/JR will love.  I think the downside is that while he keeps adjusting to the minors, that no one seems to think he has a carrying tool, nor a set position.  Maybe he is the kind of guy that makes a living bouncing around the diamond as a vital bench player who plays 5 positions defensively well.