6/9 Games

Real pitchers duel in Knoxville. Matthew Thompson is throwing to a HUGE homer home plate, so he's only walked 4 in 4 innings. 3K. Only 1 hit (Baldwin, single) Bush has 2 walks in 3 innings. 2K. He has been squeezed a little.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Gowens dominated in WS win 8IP 2H 0R 0ER 0bb 6K. Only threw 86 pitches 65 for strikes.

The starting pitching log jam is a good thing to have, but also, I feel like they can start moving some dudes to Charlotte.

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

The starting pitching log jam is a good thing to have, but also, I feel like they can start moving some dudes to Charlotte.

Not sure Charlotte is the place to develop pitching. I would not be surprised to see Bush up in Chicago after the trade deadline.

• Like 1

Bush is done. 6IP 1 bloop hit 1R 0ER 3bb 2K. He was throwing into a teacup most of the day. Smokies announcers bitching about one call on Gonzalez where he hit a sac fly at the end of a 10 pitch AB. Gonzalez = good situational player. Barons lead 2-1. AHT is in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Timmy U said:

Gowens dominated in WS win 8IP 2H 0R 0ER 0bb 6K. Only threw 86 pitches 65 for strikes.

Maybe Gowens will be that rare mistake made by Atlanta GM.

59 minutes ago, Quin said:

Thorpe getting called up allows one promotion.  At some point, someone has to be pushed to Charlotte.  I get not making it a mandatory spot for all pitching prospects, but you also can’t completely avoid utilizing it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Thorpe getting called up allows one promotion.  At some point, someone has to be pushed to Charlotte.  I get not making it a mandatory spot for all pitching prospects, but you also can’t completely avoid utilizing it.

Prospects need to play in all environments. Birmingham is rougher for hitters than Charlotte and vice versa for pitchers.

Chicago is supposedly good for hitters, so might as well let the pitchers learn in a crucible against shittier competition.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Quin said:

Prospects need to play in all environments. Birmingham is rougher for hitters than Charlotte and vice versa for pitchers.

Chicago is supposedly good for hitters, so might as well let the pitchers learn in a crucible against shittier competition.

This exactly.  Why avoid the tough assignment when Chicago is even tougher?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

No it doesn’t. They’re piggybacking Schultz in Birmingham. Now they won’t do that. Rotation will be Schultz, Iriarte, Bush, Adams and Eder. 

13 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

No it doesn’t. They’re piggybacking Schultz in Birmingham. Now they won’t do that. Rotation will be Schultz, Iriarte, Bush, Adams and Eder. 

Would almost rather see Eder (at his relatively advanced age) pushed up.

But Getz probably doesn't want everyone to start jumping on that trade as well if it blows up in their faces.  Granted, it was KW's move and not Chris'.