White Sox calling up Thorpe

One of the best change up ever was HoF Trevor Hoffman.  He was a very soft tosser but was basically unhittable.

Johan Santana was another great pitcher with an unhittable change up, he owned the White Sox.

I am pumped up to see the Sox playing the youngsters , let's go !!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerry McNertney said:

Why not Ky Bush too?

I agree. He’s been outstanding this year and being that he’s 24 already I’d like to see him get MLB innings soon. My guess is we’ll see him late next month after the Sox trade Fedde and/or Crochet.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Interested to see if the changeup plays at all against MLB hitters. 

Will imagine the opposing gameplans will be to sit fastball and only swing at that. 

They will all strike out looking as he throws it for a strike.  His control is the calling card.  As long as there is enough of a speed differentiation he will be fine. 

2 hours ago, Falstaff said:

One of the best change up ever was HoF Trevor Hoffman.  He was a very soft tosser but was basically unhittable.

Hoffman actually had a 95 mph fastball before injuries.

https://baseballhall.org/hall-of-famers/hoffman-trevor#:~:text=During the 1994 players' strike,reduction for a power closer.

During the 1994 players’ strike, Hoffman injured his right shoulder twice in one day while playing sports on the beach. He subsequently saw his fastball velocity wither from 95 mph to just below 90 – a potentially career-ending reduction for a power closer. 

Looking for an alternative out pitch, Hoffman adopted a discarded change-up grip (one that closely resembled a palmball) from teammate Donnie Elliott. From that day on, his career would be forever changed.

• Quin changed the title to White Sox calling up Thorpe

The constant negative take on every prospect from the same person/people is getting old AF. plenty of legit reasons to hate this organization, we don’t need to put a negative spin on every. single. prospect. 

• Thanks 6
  • Love 1

I know it's a dream come true for the kid and happy for him but am I the only one who would rather not have any of our prospects near this losing environment with this toxic team and that locker room? 

• Like 1