White Sox calling up Thorpe

6 hours ago, SoxAce said:

I know it's a dream come true for the kid and happy for him but am I the only one who would rather not have any of our prospects near this losing environment with this toxic team and that locker room? 

It's hard to argue against putting anyone of substance into this toxic waste dump of a team right now, but as usual Getz painted himself into a corner with awful roster management.

• Like 1

I know it's a dream come true for the kid and happy for him but am I the only one who would rather not have any of our prospects near this losing environment with this toxic team and that locker room? 

Good point.  But it will happen.  Who gets DFA'd?

I have not heard of any locker room issues , Crochet,  Nastrini and Cannon were very complimentary of Clevenger and other vets 

Edited by Falstaff
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Falstaff said:

I have not heard of any locker room issues , Crochet,  Nastrini and Cannon were very complimentary of Clevenger and other vets 

There was just an entire section of an Athletic article about how bad the Sox are to play for right now.

18 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

There was just an entire section of an Athletic article about how bad the Sox are to play for right now.

LOL , The Athletic doesn't even have a writer assigned to them, James Fegan , he gone.

There is a difference between being in a losing environment and a toxic clubhouse

6 minutes ago, Falstaff said:

LOL , The Athletic doesn't even have a writer assigned to them, James Fegan , he gone.

There is a difference between being in a losing environment and a toxic clubhouse

So I am supposed to believe you know more than these guys do?  Let's hear your credentials.

10 minutes ago, Falstaff said:

It wasn’t an article based on the beat writers opinion, it was based on a player poll

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

It wasn’t an article based on the beat writers opinion, it was based on a player poll

A poll that was just a list of bad teams and the Yankees. Like the other poster said, there's a difference between bad and toxic. Maybe you don't want to introduce a prospect to a losing environment, but there's no evidence that the Sox have clubhouse problems. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

A poll that was just a list of bad teams and the Yankees. Like the other poster said, there's a difference between bad and toxic. Maybe you don't want to introduce a prospect to a losing environment, but there's no evidence that the Sox have clubhouse problems. 

Maybe not player vs player (who knows) but I highly doubt most of the players are fans of their manager/coaching staff. Korey Lee is already on record basically calling out Grifol. 

I still wouldn't be surprised if the locker room is still "cliquey" either with the Latino players only hanging with each other and vice versa.

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Maybe not player vs player (who knows) but I highly doubt most of the players are fans of their manager/coaching staff. Korey Lee is already on record basically calling out Grifol. 

I still wouldn't be surprised if the locker room is still "cliquey" either with the Latino players only hanging with each other and vice versa.

The Sox have like 5 Latino players on the entire roster and one was brought in specifically to deal with clubhouse issues in the past. How cliquey could they be? Korey Lee just said he disagreed with Grifol. It was neither scathing nor scandalous. There's so many reasons to be angry at the White Sox that there's no reason to start making things up.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

The truth is somewhere in the middle of the Athletic poll and what the Sox and their players throw out there. 99% of the players ripping the team would be singing their praises if JR offered them 1 more dollar than they signed for. And 99 % of the organization will not say anything bad on the record to the press. 

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Middleton is another who trashed the team on his way out last year, as did Lance Lynn.  It isn't like this is coming out of no where. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

The Sox have like 5 Latino players on the entire roster and one was brought in specifically to deal with clubhouse issues in the past. How cliquey could they be? Korey Lee just said he disagreed with Grifol. It was neither scathing nor scandalous. There's so many reasons to be angry at the White Sox that there's no reason to start making things up.

We have unlocked Maldonado's presence.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Middleton is another who trashed the team on his way out last year, as did Lance Lynn.  It isn't like this is coming out of no where. 

Something like 18 players in the current roster weren't on last year's team.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Falstaff said:

Just curious why you would default to not believing this, with all we’ve seen from our stupid manager and his players outright disagreeing with him straight to the media?

head-in-the-sand.gif

3 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Something like 18 players in the current roster weren't on last year's team.

And some players are still here from last year.  The team has only gotten worse.  Combine a terrible manager with terrible players and a terrible team and it isn’t a surprise to have a dysfunctional clubhouse.

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Just curious why you would default to not believing this, with all we’ve seen from our stupid manager and his players outright disagreeing with him straight to the media?

head-in-the-sand.gif

"Outright disagreeing?" The horror! LOL

6 minutes ago, Quin said:

We have unlocked Maldonado's presence.

I doubt Maldonado holds any weight these days, other than his own beer gut.  The younger players, like Lee, are going to wonder why this old dude with 7 hits on the season is stealing his starting job when he can’t play defense these days either.

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

And some players are still here from last year.  The team has only gotten worse.  Combine a terrible manager with terrible players and a terrible team and it isn’t a surprise to have a dysfunctional clubhouse.

Nothing says toxic dysfunction like... Gavin Sheets and Andrew Vaughn? Again, plenty of reasons to hate the Sox without making things up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TaylorStSox said:

"Outright disagreeing?" The horror! LOL

How often do players do that?  If anyone respected Grifol, they would have agreed with him and said they did in fact play “flat”.  Afterall, they were losing countless games in a row.  They intentionally disagreed with Grifol to the media to send a big middle finger his way, without having to say it directly to his face.

I doubt Maldonado holds any weight these days, other than his own beer gut.  The younger players, like Lee, are going to wonder why this old dude with 7 hits on the season is stealing his starting job when he can’t play defense these days either.

Or, they might really like Maldonado and feel terrible for him. Again, no reason to make things up.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

How often do players do that?  If anyone respected Grifol, they would have agreed with him and said they did in fact play “flat”.  Afterall, they were losing countless games in a row.  They intentionally disagreed with Grifol to the media to send a big middle finger his way, without having to say it directly to his face.

Scathing. 

• Like 1

Just now, TaylorStSox said:

Or, they might really like Maldonado and feel terrible for him. Again, no reason to make things up.

You just made a statement that you can’t prove and said there’s no reason to make things up.

We all know what’s going to happen after this season.  News will come out, just like last season, about how cancerous the clubhouse was this year.  It’s so obvious.

• Like 1