6/10 - White Stockings vs. Pike Street Salty Dogs 8:40pm

2 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Kopech is up to 80% 4 seamers on the year. For comparison's sake, Stanek is at 60%. 

Katz not being able to get him to have a competent slider was an organizational/player failure 

• Haha 1

Just now, fathom said:

Katz not being able to get him to have a competent slider was an organizational/player failure 

I remember his slider not being that bad prior to his knee injury in 2021.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

LOL. No it's not. It's a Michael Kopech failure. The kid has been a complete mess his whole career. I knew that the second I saw him deadlifting 450 like a complete idiot. He's always been a moron. You're a baseball player, Michael. 

Edited by TaylorStSox
  • Like 2

Just now, TaylorStSox said:

LOL. No it's not. It's Michael Kopech failure. The kid has been a complete mess his whole career. I knew that the second I saw him deadlifting 450 like a complete idiot. He's always been a moron. You're a baseball player, Michael. 

I blame Kopech for pitching and Pedro for asking him to pitch the 8th.

Just now, TaylorStSox said:

LOL. No it's not. It's a Michael Kopech failure. The kid has been a complete mess his whole career. I knew that the second I saw him deadlifting 450 like a complete idiot. He's always been a moron. You're a baseball player, Michael. 

He had a good slider in the minors and when he came up.  Something happened to it the last few years where it became a simply awful pitch.  I’m very intrigued to see how he does elsewhere.

Just now, fathom said:

He had a good slider in the minors and when he came up.  Something happened to it the last few years where it became a simply awful pitch.  I’m very intrigued to see how he does elsewhere.

He's never been able to throw it for a strike. He has about as much finesse as the Kool Aid Man. He's always been way more into partying than becoming a great pitcher. 

• Haha 1