If JR Hired me as Historian and Chief Tale Spinner

Texsox

Kenny and Hahn built a roster that made the franchise's first back to back playoff appearances. They were expected by baseball experts from Vegas to New York to compete for multiple championships. Fans were justifiably excited for this new era in White Sox baseball.

Key injuries to players and an unfortunate, yet still unknown, medical condition* to their HoF manager, caused the team to fall short of their lofty goals. 

Currently the team is loading up their MiLB rosters with exciting young players. The ratings on the farm system have rapidly increased from a bottom five group to a top ten, and likely top five in less than two years. 

*Remember JR is paying for the spin. 

You seem to assume that Jerry cares what the people think.  If he did, I think he would actually be having the organization spending at least sometime giving respectfully comments that give at least some honest evaluation of the team and it's future.  I don't expect gory details, but even to acknowledge that this is a rebuild and it will be a LOOOOOONG time before they are good again would go a long way towards build back even a minimal trust in what the org has to say.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

You seem to assume that Jerry cares what the people think.  If he did, I think he would actually be having the organization spending at least sometime giving respectfully comments that give at least some honest evaluation of the team and it's future.  I don't expect gory details, but even to acknowledge that this is a rebuild and it will be a LOOOOOONG time before they are good again would go a long way towards build back even a minimal trust in what the org has to say.

The man must have no pride at all as he has put the franchise in the worst position since the 1919 Black Sox. He has to care a little bit that he is in charge of the second worse franchise in MLB and probably all of the Professional Sports franchises. Maybe all he cares about is that he can laugh on the way to the bank, well screw him.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yep, he doesn’t care.  JR’s ego is likely massive, and rightfully so for many reasons — using his knowledge of the IRS and tax laws to amass his wealth via real estate.  The problem is that he probably also thinks he’s a great baseball mind just because of his past successes in life.  He’s the worst type of owner.  One who only promotes his loyal minions and never stops meddling in front office decisions.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Yep, he doesn’t care.  JR’s ego is likely massive, and rightfully so for many reasons — using his knowledge of the IRS and tax laws to amass his wealth via real estate.  The problem is that he probably also thinks he’s a great baseball mind just because of his past successes in life.  He’s the worst type of owner.  One who only promotes his loyal minions and never stops meddling in front office decisions.

You hit the nail on the head.

He thinks he's the smartest guy in the room and his philosophy is the correct way to operate a club and to "win."

History has shown it isn't. 

• Like 1