Sox @ Seamen 6/11 8:40 CDT

4 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

His arm speed on that changeup is absolutely incredible.  It looks exactly like his fastball. He might have the best changeup I've ever seen.  

I watched every video I could find on him and I'd agree. Maddux probably has the best I've seen because of the movement, but Thorpe's arm action is unreal.

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Give me a pitcher like this 10/10 times over a “pitcher” like Kopech. It’s fun to throw 100+ but if you have no idea where it’s going and have no secondary pitches who gives a s%*#.

It's all about how a batter perceives pitches.  As Kopech shows you can throw 100 and MLB can kill you.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

It's all about how a batter perceives pitches.  As Kopech shows you can throw 100 and MLB can kill you.

Last I looked, baseball savant lists Kopech's fastball as below average despite the velocity.

3 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

I watched every video I could find on him and I'd agree. Maddux probably has the best I've seen because of the movement, but Thorpe's arm action is unreal.

Thorp has good action on it too.  Looks like he can fade it or sink it.  Damn he's gonna be fun to watch.

1 minute ago, TaylorStSox said:

Last I looked, baseball savant lists Kopech's fastball as below average despite the velocity.

Which is the whole point. Velocity without deception is batting practice