Sox @ Seamen 6/11 8:40 CDT

14 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

That's my catcher of the future and now

He's played pretty well but pretty sure Quero is the guy people are expecting to be the starter once he gets settled in at the big league level

Thorpe will be one of those guys that literally is feast or famine, all depends on if he's got that pinpoint command or not. most of those changeups were centercut, and he's calling Maldonado off a lot on the slider (guessing it's the slider, might be the cutter)

Just now, fathom said:

Location is good, change up with definitely play.  Slider doesn’t seem to fool anyone.

Just watching him, he's like a Giolito re-gen without the velocity Giolito had in 2019 and 2020. The fastball being  92 is encouraging cause I thought he'd sit high 80s. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Just watching him, he's like a Giolito re-gen without the velocity Giolito had in 2019 and 2020. The fastball being  92 is encouraging cause I thought he'd sit high 80s. 

Similar including hiding the ball in his windup. Really nice deception there but without an elite baseball MLB guys will adapt.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

He's played pretty well but pretty sure Quero is the guy people are expecting to be the starter once he gets settled in at the big league level

Thorpe will be one of those guys that literally is feast or famine, all depends on if he's got that pinpoint command or not. most of those changeups were centercut, and he's calling Maldonado off a lot on the slider (guessing it's the slider, might be the cutter)

If this is really who KLee is, he is a plus starting catcher in MLB.  If Quero makes it, great but Korey as he has been the first 2 months of the year is a good starter.

• Like 2

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

He will need to find either command on his fastball or a slider but so far so good

Feels like he has trouble putting hitters away with something other than that change up. When Giolito lost spin rate after the sticky stuff ban, he made up for it with a much more effective slider. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Madrigal. Those tiny legs make him looks like he's moving faster than he is.

It's how he got a high speed grade from scouts even though he's like barely above league average in sprint speed. 

6 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I keep vibing Jon Garland with his control and working the 4 quadrants.

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Similar including hiding the ball in his windup. Really nice deception there but without an elite baseball MLB guys will adapt.

Yeah we saw that with Giolito. Guys just sat change up and fought off fastballs. 

4 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Thorpe just needs to settle down and paint the outside corner with is FB. Once he can do that consistently, he's going to k a lot of hitters.

Feels like he loses some touch when he goes too hard.