Steve Wilson back, Tim Hill DFAd

1 minute ago, WestEddy said:

I was optimistic. 72 win pace, cratering after the TDL. 

I guess you're making WS2023 happy. That's something. 

I too thought they would win 68 games. It's in the prediction thread. But to be this bad, you have to be trying to be this bad. Except the White Sox.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Nope. I get that pretending to be too stupid to understand what I said is your best argument. 

I always can tell when you run out of actual arguments because it instantly turns to victimhood, personal attacks, and dragging other people into it.  Come back to me when you have an actual fact or real argument.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I always can tell when you run out of actual arguments because it instantly turns to victimhood, personal attacks, and dragging other people into it.  Come back to me when you have an actual fact or real argument.

Run out of arguments? LOL. Dude, you're pretending I've said something I didn't, which is your M.O. Then you whine that I'm pointing it out. I'm not sure why you're stalking and trolling me. You whine about threads being ruined by your petty BS, then hide them. 

This is all you.

2 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Run out of arguments? LOL. Dude, you're pretending I've said something I didn't, which is your M.O. Then you whine that I'm pointing it out. I'm not sure why you're stalking and trolling me. You whine about threads being ruined by your petty BS, then hide them. 

This is all you.

Actually you have been the one trying to contend that EVERYONE knew what was going to happen this season, and when you got challenged on it, you melted.  Again.

Back to the original point

68 /= 40

4 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Low 60s in wins vs low 40s in wins. Who cares? Suck is suck. What is the debate here?

I think creating potentially the worst team of all time is in another dimension than simply fielding a bad team. And importantly for our future, a 45 win team is 20 wins further away from being anything good than a 65 win team.

We're so fucked.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I think creating potentially the worst team of all time is in another dimension than simply fielding a bad team. And importantly for our future, a 45 win team is 20 wins further away from being anything good than a 65 win team.

We're so fucked.

Go read northbrook bob’s tweets today.   We’re so fucked.

• Paper Bag 2

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

We're so fucked.

Why? 2003 Tigers made the World Series in 2006.

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

We had this conversation already. Dave Dombrowski and an owner willing to spend aren't walking through that door.

We don’t know that either. Jerry is 88 and has experienced health issues. Decent chance he’s not even the owner of this team in 3 years.

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

We had this conversation already. Dave Dombrowski and an owner willing to spend aren't walking through that door.

Yeah, the went out and paid top market for Ivan Rodriguez at the bottom of that mess.  Then they went out and paid Magglio Ordonez a contract as big as any the Sox have ever given a player, in 2005  The some dude named Justin Verlander showed up.

Does anyone see one of those three things happening in our rebuild, let alone all three?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

We don’t know that either. Jerry is 88 and has experienced health issues. Decent chance he’s not even the owner of this team in 3 years.

We know what we are getting if Jerry is still the owner.  We don’t know either way if Jerry is not the owner.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yeah, the went out and paid top market for Ivan Rodriguez at the bottom of that mess.  Then they went out and paid Magglio Ordonez a contract as big as any the Sox have ever given a player, in 2005  The some dude named Justin Verlander showed up.

Does anyone see one of those three things happening in our rebuild, let alone all three?

Who’s to say Thorpe isn’t already that guy? Who’s to say whoever they acquire in the Robert and Crochet trades won’t be those guys? A lot can change in 3 years when you have almost no long term payroll commitments and an owner who may not be here much longer. I know it’s hard to see any signs of hope while experiencing the worst but this too shall pass.

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

We know what we are getting if Jerry is still the owner.  We don’t know either way if Jerry is not the owner.

Well, the new owner can’t be any worse right? (According to soxtalk I don’t see how he could be)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Who’s to say Thorpe isn’t already that guy? Who’s to say whoever they acquire in the Robert and Crochet trades won’t be those guys? A lot can change in 3 years when you have almost no long term payroll commitments and an owner who may not be here much longer. I know it’s hard to see any signs of hope while experiencing the worst but this too shall pass.

Your 2024 White Sox...."Ever had a kidney stone? It'll get better. Give it time."

Edited by wegner
not every
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Who's to say that Thorpe isn't a first ballot hall of fame pitcher?  Yeah, I am going to say that is true.  If I am wrong, come back to me in twenty years, and I will own it, but yes I feel really good in saying that Thorpe isn't Verlander. 

I also feel pretty good in saying that neither Quero, nor Lee, is IRod.  I feel pretty sure that the Salas kid from the Padres as the top catching prospect out there is that guy either, even if somehow we were to get him from the Padres.

Of course "a lot can change" but if the owner doesn't change, it fundamentally won't.  The Sox will not be a top of the market spending team as long as Jerry Reinsdorf is alive.  He hasn't been that guy in 30+ years. We won't be going after the Pete Alonzos and Juan Sotos of the world this winter.

I know what you are trying to say here, but realistically, what are the odds of all of those types of things happening with the Sox history factored in?  1000:1? 

23 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

If you look back at that team, Carlos Guillen and Polanco were key as well.  A number of home grown guys like Inge Granderson and Monroe just killed the Sox that year before Victor Martinez joined team later.

Lots of pretty high fips and WHIPs in the rotation, Bonderman was better that year than I remembered and Verlander more inconsistent until the end of the year.

21 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Well, the new owner can’t be any worse right? (According to soxtalk I don’t see how he could be)

Seeing some of the other owners around baseball, I definitely don't believe that to be true.

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

He's expected by prospect followers to be almost as impactful as Franco. Rare mistake by Guardians to trade him.

Has he offset the loss of wander Franco completely