The imminent firing of Sox4life

sox4lifeinPA

I can feel it in the air tonight....woah oh...

They want me gone in a bad way. I admit that I was bullheaded in the past, but I stand up for myself and don't play this bulls*** corporate game. I'm not going to let some less minded power hungry women tell me what to do. Ever since I wrote that letter, remember Mike? It's been down hill ever since. :fyou to the man.

Calling your bosses Hitler, can have the affect on your work relationships :lol: Get that resume done, and get it out...  Bank tellers are always in demand.

yeah...forgot about that :lol:

I just had a talk with one of my supervisors, things are a little better for now. Luckily I'm the only skilled teller they have, so I'm secured a job until feb at least.

I wouldn't mind going on unemployment actually... :P

I just had a talk with one of my supervisors, things are a little better for now. Luckily I'm the only skilled teller they have, so I'm secured a job until feb at least.

Hate to break this to ya, but you don't get unemployment if you get fired :bang

my friend was terminated from his 3/4 time job at a sporting goods store because they suspected him and some other people of stealing, and he got unemployment.

I cannot comment on the truth of these allegations:)

hmm, maybe Texas is differnet when it comes to that stuff. I know from personal experience that the only way to get unemployment is IN and IL is to lose your job through no fault of your own. In otherwords you can't be fired and you can't quit.

U can't always give in at work, otherwise they come to expect it from you and once that happens and you finally have the balls to step up your screwed.

My theory, be helpful, but when something isn't write, say it and don't back down from it. Be willing to listen and that type of crap.

But calling them Nazis :lol: ...why didn't I think of that :P

Hate to break this to ya, but you don't get unemployment if you get fired :bang

Ehem.. yes you do(most of the time). You don't get it if you quit. :bang

my friend was terminated from his 3/4 time job at a sporting goods store because they suspected him and some other people of stealing, and he got unemployment.

I cannot comment on the truth of these allegations:)

hmm, maybe Texas is differnet when it comes to that stuff. I know from personal experience that the only way to get unemployment is IN and IL is to lose your job through no fault of your own. In otherwords you can't be fired and you can't quit.

That is not correct. My uncle just got canned and he's sitting pretty on unemployment. He's a non-union laborer who was making almost $5K a month. No bills and lives with my grama (loser).

That is not correct. My uncle just got canned and he's sitting pretty on unemployment. He's a non-union laborer who was making almost $5K a month. No bills and lives with my grama (loser).

Damn. They totally told me wrong when I lost my job last year. They said that a company could deny your unemployment claim because of being fired. Then you could go through an appeals process, but ultimately if the company had decent cause to fire you, you would not win. Luckily my position was eliminated, so I didn't have to go through all that crap.

I can feel it in the air tonight....woah oh...

They want me gone in a bad way. I admit that I was bullheaded in the past, but I stand up for myself and don't play this bulls*** corporate game. I'm not going to let some less minded power hungry women tell me what to do. Ever since I wrote that letter, remember Mike? It's been down hill ever since.  :fyou to the man.

I was placed on waivers from work this past week, but it was for nothing that I did. Just cutbacks. My severence is awesome.

18 months insurance and 5 months pay, can't beat it.

I just need to get through april and I'll be ok. I've made it thus far. I actually only called my main boss hitler. I did however write a nasty, but quite articulate letter to the president about a decision he made...I got a nasty and quite unarticulate bs re:I'm the boss, I think you're wrong email.

regardless, I just have to suffer through some unpleasant "memos" (see office space). The main deal with yesterday was that I took 2 hours off on wednesday afternoon that they really didn't want to give me. Apparently I've been using a whole lot of unplanned leave. Don't give me it if you don't want me to use it. I realize that it could potentially put a bind on the branch, but hell, it's apart of my benefits package, so I'm using it. I'm sorry if I need maybe a half day every month or so to relax and avoid a huge emotional and homicidal gun tirade. (sans guns).

back to PA, so I can rightfully be referred to as sox4lifeinPA...plus I can make MISS sox4life...MRS:)

Damn.  They totally told me wrong when I lost my job last year.  They said that a company could deny your unemployment claim because of being fired.

"Could" being the magic word. Being fired because of cut-backs, etc you will most likely get benefits, but for stealing or excessive lateness or absence, I wouldn't count on getting it.

Damn. They totally told me wrong when I lost my job last year. They said that a company could deny your unemployment claim because of being fired. Then you could go through an appeals process, but ultimately if the company had decent cause to fire you, you would not win. Luckily my position was eliminated, so I didn't have to go through all that crap.

Oh... they ALL deny it. But the ultimate decision is up to the Unemployment office. Most of the time they grant it if you're fired.. NEVER if you quit.