Game thread? 6/13 Game thread.

5 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Another dominant outing for Crochet. Given his age, 2.5 years of super cheap control, and unlimited ceiling, dare I say his trade value is now comparable to where Cease was at 6 months ago?

Cease's value was lowered by his so so year but still got a nice return for him.

Crochet for as good as he has looked has no track record of continuous starting pitching,only 2.5 months worth. Nothing in the minors.

I know you like to point out that we were all skeptical but there was good reason for it.

You can't predict what a unicorn he's been for these 2.5 months. It's pretty unheard of what he's doing right now. Give him credit and credit the new regime for helping him get to where he is right now.

• Like 1

Just now, baseball_gal_aly said:

Too bad he's going to be doing it for another team. 

6 months ago he looked like a sunk cost. The fact that his trade value is now rising to the level of Cease from 6 months ago is an incredible development for the organization and the rebuild effort.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Cease's value was lowered by his so so year but still got a nice return for him.

Crochet for as good as he has looked has no track record of continuous starting pitching,only 2.5 months worth. Nothing in the minors.

I know you like to point out that we were all skeptical but there was good reason for it.

You can't predict what a unicorn he's been for these 2.5 months. It's pretty unheard of what he's doing right now. Give him credit and credit the new regime for helping him get to where he is right now.

I get all that but if you watched this guy pitch all season you could see he was different. And he’s always been successful when he’s on the mound since his electric run in 2020 prior to the first injury. But he’s taken his game to another level this year. It was apparent very early on the season, this is no fluke. All else equal, if I’m a contender, I’d take him over Cease right now without batting an eye.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I get all that but if you watched this guy pitch all season you could see he was different. And he’s always been successful when he’s on the mound since his electric run in 2020 prior to the first injury. But he’s taken his game to another level this year. It was apparent very early on the season, this is no fluke. All else equal, if I’m a contender, I’d take him over Cease right now without batting an eye.

I think he gets traded in the offseason because I don't think a contending team would trust him to throw 200+ innings including the postseason. He will be ready for it next year after the jump this year. 

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The Sox are 100% pitching Crochet like they don't care about how long he lasts.

Yep, he's getting traded. And I'd imagine whoever trades for him views him as a 2-2.5 year rental. They will pitch him to the ground and then whoever signs him as a FA, he's their problem. 

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Well here we are again. Starting pitching did great and with a lead entering the 8th inning. Put your money on the Mariners now.?

Are you predicting 4 bullpen losses in Seattle?

3 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

I think he gets traded in the offseason because I don't think a contending team would trust him to throw 200+ innings including the postseason. He will be ready for it next year after the jump this year. 

Now the threshold has been raised to 200+ innings? Lol. In the other thread it was 100.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The Sox are 100% pitching Crochet like they don't care about how long he lasts.

I don't think that true. I railed about how they handled Rodon in 2021 and most people her didn't care because winning was more important.

I think they're keeping a very watching eye on Crochet. It may not look like it tonight but I think if Crochet is honest about how his arm is feeling they'll pull the plug even if it means not trading him at the deadline if it happens before then.

7 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Now the threshold has been raised to 200+ innings? Lol. In the other thread it was 100.

He saying from the amount of inning s he has now that a GM wanting him for this season to make a deep playoff run he'd likely have to pitch 200 innings this year and that's even more unlikely than the 100 he's at or approaching.