Sox @ D-Backs 6/14

Unfortunately, by the time we get to the deadline, guys like Sheets, Pham, and DeJong will be closer to a .700 OPS than an .800 OPS and they aren’t going to garner much.

We have two good trade chips and Kopech.  Hopefully, Getz can get something for them.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Unfortunately, by the time we get to the deadline, guys like Sheets, Pham, and DeJong will be closer to a .700 OPS than an .800 OPS and they aren’t going to garner much.

We have two good trade chips and Kopech.  Hopefully, Getz can get something for them.

Not counting Fedde?

Or assuming no Robert or Crochet trades due to hard to properly establish valuations?

9 minutes ago, T R U said:

I tried to be patient, but Schriffen ain’t it. This guy sucks. 

What is he doing tonight?  Sulking?  Complaining about the heat?

Amazingly, Lopez still outhitting Benintendi.

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Not counting Fedde?

Or assuming no Robert or Crochet trades due to hard to properly establish valuations?

I’m assuming Robert won’t get dealt cuz no team will meet the demands.  I think Fedde, Crochet, and Kopech will be traded.  So yeah, we have 3 good trade chips and Kopech.

12 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Chris Sale 9-2, 2.98

20 game winner?

Great callout.  This will likely be another reason no team will ever give up a haul for a top pitcher at the deadline.  Vaughn Grissom…  lol.  The Red Sox picked up $17 million of Sale’s $19 million dollar salary and got back a younger Romy Gonzalez from the Braves.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

Huh? What does this have to do with Flexin getting DFA'd when Clevinger comes off the IL?

It’s 100% sarcasm.  Some homer posters on this site were trying to argue that Flexen actually had some trade value once he moved from full-time starter to part-time starter / long relief.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Boy those vets on the Sox sure are getting it done with the glove! If you're scoring at home we currently have the worst LF, SS and RF anc C in MLB. Fangraphs and this ranking both hate Lee's defense, which I guess is 'cause framing?

Vaughn at first is not too much to talk home about either.  I believe he is also too short for a 1B.  He could not grab a high chopper at first tonight.

2 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Hope in one hand s%*# in the other see which one fills up faster. We do have some good chips but getz won't be the man to get the most for them.

But, here is hoping.

27 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

784208d8d4aa4e2e98ce35ce989318e9

That sucks. He just wouldn't ever be negative about the Sox. Positive at all times. The Sox pretty much got to the rest of us.