How much is a guy like Fedde worth in a trade?

4 minutes ago, hi8is said:

I see a lot of words that aren’t readily comprehensible after a story has ended.

Fedde > Elfin. Period.

He’s pitching under zero pressure with the worst team in baseball.

Look what happened to Giolito last year after he was actually EXPECTED to perform.

On 6/25/2024 at 5:26 PM, greg775 said:

But what will a highest value Fedde bring? Somebody like a Scott Fletcher. He's not going to bring anybody useful to a tank/rebuild situation. And considering we'll need a Fedde or two to find for next year's club it makes zero sense.

Scott Fletcher was a 32 career WAR player. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, hi8is said:

I see a lot of words that aren’t readily comprehensible after a story has ended.

Fedde > Elfin. Period.

Even though I fully agree that Fedde > Eflin, I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few teams that preferred Eflin for whatever reason. As caulfield says, that's really the only thing that matters. Exclamation Point!

48 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Look what happened to Giolito last year after he was actually EXPECTED to perform.

Giolito was steady as she goes in the home stretch in 2020 and 2021. His 2020 playoff start against Oakland was magnificent. His 2021 against Houston, not so much. Dude's got a history of stepping up when it mattered. Last year's collapse was probably more related to this season's injury problems. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Even though I fully agree that Fedde > Eflin, I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few teams that preferred Eflin for whatever reason. As caulfield says, that's really the only thing that matters. Exclamation Point!

Fedde's $7.5 million salary for next season vs Eflin's $18 million is a substantial difference to many clubs 

The money alone makes him worth more on such a reasonable deal the rest of this season and next

• Like 1

Dodgers should get serious next week. They have a really young OF, De Paula or something similar, who would look good to me, plus the usual assortment of pitchers.

Fedde really showed a different dimension yesterday:    he got out of a bases loaded no outs jam.  He also had an awful start to the game, but it didn't phase him in the least.  That says a lot about his mental game.

Now it's true that he pitched himself into a bases loaded, no-outs jam.  But that happens - good pitchers do that on occasion.  But getting out of it unscathed is a rarer event.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

I suppose that previous attempts haven’t worked: My belief is fixed. I have no interest in discussing your belief more. Thank you, have a nice day - onto the next topic for me.

12 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Pressure is relative.How about his whole career being on the line if he flopped this year ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Pressure is relative.How about his whole career being on the line if he flopped this year ?

Ouch.

14 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

So both pitchers are under control for the same period of time (through next season), Fedde has better numbers, and Fedde is on a 2/$15 million deal while Eflin is on a 2/$29 million deal plus he gets $1 million for being traded.  Eflin is making exactly twice as much as Fedde.

You are so far off here it isn’t even funny.  The money on their respective deals is a much bigger deal than you are presuming it to be.  The difference is the salary for another good player for next year.  Fedde has more trade value than Eflin.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Small nugget from Bob on Fedde:

They still are open to moving anyone and everyone, believing that starter Erick Fedde should bring in a nice return, too.

Nothing really new there but always nice to reaffirm that the return should be good.  I will add that Bob also speculates the Mets, Rangers, & Cubs may not sell, which would definitely help boost Fedde’s value even further.

• Fire 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Fedde and Vaughn for melton and a couple of other pieces.

Astros could  actually use Vaughn.

I don't see a way for the Astros to make a deal for Fedde if pretty any other team wants him 

5 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Fedde and Vaughn for melton and a couple of other pieces.

Astros could  actually use Vaughn.

Vaughn is a 10% below league average hitter who plays a bad 1B.  I pray for the team he’s an upgrade for.

17 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I don't see a way for the Astros to make a deal for Fedde if pretty any other team wants him 

Well, that’s how. Melton. That’s the only way. I doubt that we get a higher rated prospect than him for Fedde. That’s another team. I would look deeper into their prospect ranks too. Those guys aren’t idiots. They find players.. 

4 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Vaughn is a 10% below league average hitter who plays a bad 1B.  I pray for the team he’s an upgrade for.

He isn’t an upgrade on the Astros. Unless they think the short porch will help him.

7 hours ago, GreenSox said:

Well, that’s how. Melton. That’s the only way. I doubt that we get a higher rated prospect than him for Fedde. That’s another team. I would look deeper into their prospect ranks too. Those guys aren’t idiots. They find players.. 

melton has been terrible above A ball. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GreenSox said:

If that is the best offer, hold him until winter.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

I saw an interesting suggestion from fansided about a potential Braves deal. I miss not sure how I feel about it, but on the surface, I like it...

https://fansided.com/posts/3-emergency-braves-trades-to-replace-max-fried-after-surprising-injury

Fedde for Hackenburg and McCabe

Gross.  Fedde will get much better than that

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Headliner should be like a top 75 guy and then get a couple more lotto tickets. You might have to package him with like Pham or something to get that done but no big deal as that's the entire reason you signed Pham.

This.  Somewhere around the end of the top 100, and another kind of a just missed guy should be the headliners of a Fedde deal.  Between his performance and his absolute bargain of a contract, dude shouldn't be cheap.  2 end of the top 10 guys is more like the price of Kopech.

• Like 1