Sox select Chuckie Robinson, DFA Ellis and then claimed by Mets

Quin

I don’t think Maldonado is going anywhere. The Sox think that he’s a benefit to their young pitchers in regards to game calling and leadership. I think Robinson had an opt out and they need a functional 3rd catcher on call. 

5 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I don’t think Maldonado is going anywhere. The Sox think that he’s a benefit to their young pitchers in regards to game calling and leadership. I think Robinson had an opt out and they need a functional 3rd catcher on call. 

So Robinson is right back in Charlotte and they called him up in theory but he never left Charlotte except on paper ?

And this may just been a contract move to retain him that he probably agreed to  ?

2 minutes ago, hi8is said:

I liked Dukes legs and that’s about all. He could have stolen 160 bags as an exclusive late game runner. ?

& got picked off at 2B 50 times

14 minutes ago, wegner said:

& got picked off at 2B 50 times

And dropped 18 balls or more… and demonstrated a wet noodle arm… and missed 63 bunt attempts.

It would have been glorious.

that's too bad. I bet a team picks him up. I guess I thought he would be a better defender and could be a solid utility outfielder, Nicky Lopez in the outfield but with speed. seems short-sighted. and in part infuriating that they're selecting a catcher and not DFAing Maldonado...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, hi8is said:

And dropped 18 balls or more… and demonstrated a wet noodle arm… and missed 63 bunt attempts.

It would have been glorious.

Now I'm depressed that he got DFA'd

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nrockway said:

that's too bad. I bet a team picks him up. I guess I thought he would be a better defender and could be a solid utility outfielder, Nicky Lopez in the outfield but with speed. seems short-sighted. and in part infuriating that they're selecting a catcher and not DFAing Maldonado...

He was awful. 

3 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

He was awful. 

So was Jackson Holliday, they're not cutting him.

The point is that baseball players have the potential to improve and Ellis improved over last year by a pretty significant amount. It's not like I compared him to an actual good player, I likened him to Nicky Lopez, which is a potentially useful bench player. An outfielder with range, a .333 OBP and speed is an asset. Whether or not Ellis would turn into that, I dunno, but I'd rather he be on the roster to find out than any one of the dozen guys who can't be traded and won't be here next year. 

Maybe he's about to get popped for gambling like Popeye though.

I find it rather humourous that only 2 days ago on the official site there was a fluff article about Duke Ellis and his father about him making the MLB team unlike his father and 2 days later they DFA him!

Edited by Chimpton
Spelling
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

So Robinson is right back in Charlotte and they called him up in theory but he never left Charlotte except on paper ?

And this may just been a contract move to retain him that he probably agreed to  ?

I think it's just putting him on the 40 man, which I guess he wasn't on before. 

9 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

But he is willing to lose another prospect to do it.  Brilliant. 

It takes a lot of skill to manage the worst 40-man roster of all time 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

THEN CUT MOLDY!!!!

WE COULDN'T BE HERE WITHOUT HIS LEADERSHIP.

AND HE'S GOOD FOR THE PITCHERS, DESPITE THE TWO BEST PITCHERS FORSAKING HIM.

5 minutes ago, Quin said:

WE COULDN'T BE HERE WITHOUT HIS LEADERSHIP.

AND HE'S GOOD FOR THE PITCHERS, DESPITE THE TWO BEST PITCHERS FORSAKING HIM.

Did Pedro steal your account?  Destroy a poster if you need help.

• Haha 1