Sox select Chuckie Robinson, DFA Ellis and then claimed by Mets

Quin

21 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Oh, that explains a lot. See, I don’t view Ellis as a loss. He sucks. He’s a 26 year old with a career .661 OPS in the minor leagues. Sure, he’s fast but you can’t steal first base. 

Not to mention this becomes a quality flex when you remember who was responsible for guys like Ellis getting developed was someone you might have heard of before. 

22 minutes ago, nrockway said:

All the young pitchers are already in AA (or were just there). He’s literally already doing it; and Lee should be doing it every day for the MLB club. That was the implication, then Chuckie or Perez can play back up. It’s basically an irrelevant point though, it’s just to say that I don’t see any point in a one year terrible veteran “working” with long term players (Maldonado). He’s not suppressing Quero specifically, but clearly his contract and roster spot is harming the team, at least in my opinion. 

I didn't like the Maldonado signing, and still don't. The implication is that he tutors Lee, and he helps keep young pitchers he works with focused. I don't really buy into that, but with so many issues on this club, Maldonado as backup isn't pressing. 

The team isn't getting shut out once a series. While they don't give out awards for that, they can score a few runs a game, now. I think the bullpen is the next frontier. Maybe having 4 guys who can now go 6 innings regularly helps them out. 

I love how the two Getz water carriers on this message board claim that all of our prospects are so great, until Getz dumps one of them.  Once Getz gets rid of a prospect, said prospect is sh1t and will always be sh1t.  One of them said Shane Drohan was one of our 15th best pitching prospects, and then Getz DFA him two weeks later.  Oops.

Biggest homers ever.  Really embarrassing.

delivery-man-carrying-water-bottle-260nw

Edited by WhiteSox2023

1 minute ago, Quin said:

Was at a game, just saw DeJong's base running.

If I'm correct, these types of mistakes are unacceptable and DeJong should be DFA'd for Clevinger, or something 

False equivalency. One guy has a single “asset” and that’s baserunning. He needs to be near flawless at it to have even a shred of value on an mlb roster. The other guy is a 1-2 WAR player and doesn’t rely on his baserunning for his value. It was still an idiotic mistake by DeJong, there’s no doubt about it, but I’m also not about to blame him being “raw” or some other BS for that mental mistake like some are doing with Ellis…

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I love how the two Getz water carriers on this message board claim that all of our prospects are so great, until Getz dumps one of them.  Once Getz gets rid of a prospect, they are s%*#.  Biggest pathetic homers ever.

Since when was Ellis considered a decent prospect? Please send me the publication that shows him anywhere near the org’s T30 waterboy.

• Fire 1

17 minutes ago, Quin said:

Was at a game, just saw DeJong's base running.

If I'm correct, these types of mistakes are unacceptable and DeJong should be DFA'd for Clevinger, or something 

Nah, needs to be someone with rookie status in tact.

18 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Since when was Ellis considered a decent prospect? Please send me the publication that shows him anywhere near the org’s T30 waterboy.

I don’t give a sh1t about prospect rankings.  Are you a huge Maldonado fan or something?  Why would you not cut him loose and keep the younger player in a horrible losing season?  Do you also think Mena sucks and love the Fletcher trade?

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Meh. It’s a mental mistake that simply can’t happen, especially when your biggest asset is your baserunning.

Wow…you are actually condoning writing off a player for making a single mistake in his major league debut.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:

Are people really arguing this much over a 26 year old pinch runner in AA? 

If you need this type of player, you can do what the Mets just did. 

Why would you keep Maldonado over any young player?  Please provide rationale for keeping Maldonado on this roster.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Why would you keep Maldonado over any young player?  Please provide rationale for keeping Maldonado on this roster.

The rationale is the belief he helps the young pitchers. I don’t know if I buy it, but it’s a rationale. 
I realize Maldy is awful in every measurable everything. But if they believe he brings some sort of long-term benefit to the young pitchers in terms of preparation, I get it. 
Duke Ellis is a pinch runner at best. He has no measurable value to a rebuilding team. I’m actually bummed to see him leave, but it’s not a big deal. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I love how the two Getz water carriers on this message board claim that all of our prospects are so great, until Getz dumps one of them.  Once Getz gets rid of a prospect, said prospect is sh1t and will always be sh1t.  One of them said Shane Drohan was one of our 15th best pitching prospects, and then Getz DFA him two weeks later.  Oops.

Biggest homers ever.  Really embarrassing.

I didn't say that. Stick to the facts and you can have a laugh at Drohan getting cut after I made a long list of starting pitching prospects that included him. I'm not sure why you need to make up BS if I'm such a "homer clown". Perhaps you're working overtime throwing s%*# against the wall because you want company in your little clown car?

43 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I don’t give a sh1t about prospect rankings.  Are you a huge Maldonado fan or something?  Why would you not cut him loose and keep the younger player in a horrible losing season?  Do you also think Mena sucks and love the Fletcher trade?

You don't give a sh1t about reality or facts, either. Do you have a point in all of this? We all get that you don't like Chris Getz. Anything else?

LOL. You are quite the circus clown. 

41 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:

Are people really arguing this much over a 26 year old pinch runner in AA? 

If you need this type of player, you can do what the Mets just did. 

They're trying to create a narrative that every. single. move. Chris Getz makes is bad. Even signing Erick Fedde and converting Crochet into a starter. Bad. Bad. And when they trade Fedde, they'll whine about the return. And then when one of the guys who was a throw-in for Fedde gets DFAed, they'll whine he didn't get a chance. 

Welcome to the Whine Cellar. 

30 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I'm sorry, does Duke Ellis now catch?? 

Edited by WestEddy

18 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I didn't say that. Stick to the facts and you can have a laugh at Drohan getting cut after I made a long list of starting pitching prospects that included him. I'm not sure why you need to make up BS if I'm such a "homer clown". Perhaps you're working overtime throwing s%*# against the wall because you want company in your little clown car?

Yes, you did.  @T R U can confirm.

4 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I mean yeah, but that's what happens when a GM plucks a non-ready kid with like 50 games worth of experience at AA up into the majors and have him do the things that Pedro did.  You aren't really putting him a position to understand what is going on.

Let’s be fair / yes he was fast. He also was 26 and done nothing. It isn’t like it’s a 21 year old who had minimal experience. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Yes, you did.  @T R U can confirm.

No, little man. Find the post and quote it. You don't need everyone else to fight your battles for you. And if you don't have the energy to do that, you don't really need to fill up pages with your clown posts. 

Just now, WestEddy said:

No, little man. Find the post and quote it. You don't need everyone else to fight your battles for you. And if you don't have the energy to do that, you don't really need to fill up pages with your clown posts. 

I don’t need anyone to fight my battles.  @T R Ucan confirm that you said it, old man.  Maybe you forgot in your old age?

• Haha 1